Will this throw me out

chieftopcop

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
TopCop
Have wanted to get involved for many years but with military service and financial costs...
Now am able to afford every thing and what happens...sure along comes the med side:
Had a mild stroke two years ago...no side effects at all
Am Type II diabetec...(Can't spell either) no insulan needed, no seizures or side effects of any kind
Use Lipitor and prednizone for COPD and what ever Lipitor is for...memory is great to.

Does age itself have a bearing on obtaining a license?

I really don't want to dump a bunch of $$ into something that goes no where.

So...what's the general thought...Stay on the ground or go for it?

Prednisone for COPD will be an issue. IF you are less than 10 mgms per day, you can get a special issuance, you'll need pulmonary function tests annually. Lipitor is no biggie.

There is a special issuance for Noninsulin Dep. Diabetes, if the documentation is correct I can get it on the phone(read, not difficult).

The medical will run one year at a time. Of course if you want to get a PVT ASEL, you'll earn it within a year and then know if you want to go to Light Sport (which requires denial not be your final interaction with FAA medical). Light Sport doesn't require a medical if you havent' been denied.

Just remember, do NOT bomb on into an AME office or you'll get put into deferral he_L and that will cost you half a year of precious years left. Get the required reports first, and get issued on the day you go to the AME.

The fellows here will tell you about how to find a good one....and how to avoid a bad experience.

Last edited:
Depending on where you live, you might be able to find another *ahem* "middle aged individual" to ride around with and see what you think about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back