Wild Pattern Landing

Write that tail number down. We will be reading about it in the future!!

Holy crap! I like the stuffed chicken hanging on the compass--it lets you know more or less how coordinated his turns are (and it moves surprisingly little).

I dont see a problem here. Hes a jump pilot, I betcha he has been flying that bird for a number of years. Nothing to see here just a damn good stick beating his jumpers down.

Looked like a standard jumper-dumper descent and landing to me. You don't make any money if the jumpers are on the ground. You gotta beat them down so the next bunch will be in the air when you pick up the first bunch for their next ride.

Frank

Whooohooo- I think that critter hanging from the compass is an "angry bird"

So much for steep bank angles in the pattern. :lol:

Last edited:
You don't learn to fly like that with the autopilot on in cruise.

Mad skills.

Better interesting pattern approach... http://www.military.com/video/milit...-28-pilot-makes-insane-landing/2041214702001/ Be sure to watch the video taken from the ground... You'll appreciate this, Jim

Huh? Isn't that how everyone does it??

The ground video is a different landing than the cockpit view...same approach, but not same flight based on cloud coverage. So this must be a regular practice for this/these guy(s). Not a great way to grow old gracefully.

I used to sky dive years ago, the club had a Cessna 180. After the jumpers were out the pilot would go into a spiral dive with power on to get down quick. If it was a warm day he would kick it into a spin instead and rotate down.

His explanation was it didn't shock cool the jugs and was a lot easier on the plane.

Another club had a Pilatus Porter and the pilot of that machine would point the plane straight down and beta the prop. That was neat to watch.

Looked like a stabilized approach with the outcome of the maneuver never in serious doubt...

... to steal some modern flight training words. ;). Heh.

Back