Wichita Flight Festival

Are the hicks from Nebraska invited?

absolutely! Although Im not sure how well a Piper would be welcome in Wichita ;) Hope you make it down Jason. Are you still thinking of making the Ankeny EAA picnic on the 12th?

I just looked at the dates. That is actually the weekend that I'm flying to St. Paul. So you'll have to do it without me. It's probably for the best anyway. I could scrape up a cessna, but I'd have to learn to fly it again. I'd be tempted to try to fly it upside down so the wings were in the right place.

As for the 12th, it's still a possibility. We had thought about going camping that weekend with some friends, and now they're trying to firm up those plans. I'm still trying to negotiate that to another weekend so that I can make Ankeny.

cool, let me know. anyone else up for Wichita? Rudy/Jim?

tonycondon said:
cool, let me know. anyone else up for Wichita? Rudy/Jim?
Sound like it will be quite a show, I will find out my schedule for sure, but I might be able to make it.

Best,

excellent, just followed up with a buddy and looks like we will be there for sure. His girlfriend is definitely coming, I dont know about Leah. Be headed down friday, coming back monday.

Tony, I live in Wichita. Where are you landing and where are you staying? I have volunteered to work the festival but haven't heard anything yet. It is usually a pretty good show.

I am heading up the national fly in of our type club (Beech Aero Club, www.beechaeroclub.org) at KBEC the week before so I haven't been able to be as involved as I would like. Would enjoy meeting you while you are here. And you are right, we have anti piper guns circling the city :D

Dave,
I have no idea where we are flying in to. My friend who is funding the trip is from Wichita so I suspect we will be staying with his parents. I will let you know as details firm up, would be great to meet you and welcome to the boards!

Thanks for the welcome. Let me know when you will be at the festival and we can meet up. Looking forward to meeting you.

Ok Rudy, you going to make it? I am still hoping to. Weather is looking a little rainy so I might get to dust off the IR ticket. Will help if I can steal a 396 for the weekend, which might actually be doable.

Doesn't look to good for me either!

I am going to try though

I will be volunteering Saturday morning 7:00 - 8:30 and then Sat Evening 5:00 - 6:00 Directing planes on the ramp. Hope the weather cooperates.

ya good luck w/that dave. its looking iffy if we'll even make it down tommorow, prog for saturday is looking like total rain out. hope to see you there

The weather doesn't look good right now but if there is one thing I have learned about weather in Kansas after living here for oh these many years is "believe it when it happens" Still hoping the system will move on.

Well I decided I didnt feel like playing dodgeball with Tstorms this afternoon. Forecast for tommorow is total junk and maybe even Sunday/Monday. Gotta make sure I can get home for class Monday. Anywho, have fun Dave, and good luck making it Rudy. You need to get that IR! :)

Back