wich abrasive cleaner for finewire

skykay

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
skykay
Hi wich cleaner is the right one for finewire plugs from tempest. The normal cleaner should not be used I have been noticed.

Yep, and the simple answer is you don't clean them unless you know for a fact you have fouling to remove and then very sparingly with the shortest time, highest quality previously unused made-for-plugs abrasive, at the lowest pressure.

I haven't blasted a spark plug in years. I just pick out the heavy deposits and set the gap, then back in the engine they go.

glass bead, 150 grit. regular plug cleaner from AS&S at 80 PSI.

glass bead, 150 grit. regular plug cleaner from AS&S at 80 PSI.
Which is what Tempest tells you specifically NOT to do in that article (complete with pictures and explanations why).

Which is what Tempest tells you specifically NOT to do in that article (complete with pictures and explanations why).
Who would clean a plug and leave grit in the plug? I think they must talk to the dumbest out there.
They talk about glass beads, glass also comes in ground glass, 80 grit ground glass will not get stuck..
But, OH well you clean them any way you like, they will fail just as quick as any resisted plug, because the resister fails first.

While on the subject, what about massive electrode plugs? Can I use a wirewheel to clean it nice & shiny?

Back