Why worry?

Tampico Trauma

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mauled Formerly known as Tampico Trauma
Tired of the day to day grind?
Ready to crack a beer and float in the warm water?

Too cheap to get a seaplane rating?

Pull the red handle!
1deb7490e32863a6f45236e936a53d1d.jpg
606fd0d286ef9172f6cb75ca1968e458.jpg
c6f24cf96bc6eab4c2c1762eae35cd49.jpg
44d05138bc1e51b9119be4d6a211d19f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old pics, but engine came from together enroute to Haiti.

That's the smile of being insured, having the proper gear, and knowing rescue is on its way.

I would send those pics to my insurance company and ask if this is enough information for the insurance claim :)

I would send those pics to my insurance company and ask if this is enough information for the insurance claim :)

I heard the new Gen 6 Cirrus automatically transmits the insurance claim as the plane is descending under the canopy, thus relieving their important, busy owners of all unnecessary hassles. :rolleyes: :D

The garmin Perspective+ system on the newest models actually has claim forms built in. Dial in 7700 in the transponder and the claim form is instantly on the PFD. Talk about handy.

Cirrus Gen 6 survival kit (adds new meaning to Pull Early, Pull Often)

After reviewing pictures in the OP above, Cirrus announced it would be working on an upgrade to the survival kit. Waterproof packaging. It said no Cirrus owner should suffer through the trauma and indignity of soggy crackers for their cheese.

Attachments

• IMG_0206.JPG
    IMG_0206.JPG
    314.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
That's the smile of a happy man w/ a hot gf/wife! ;)
yeah, except owner is extra friendly looking with the rescue swimmer and the wife is grinning because the pilot's got his hand on her backside...

yeah, except owner is extra friendly looking with the rescue swimmer and the wife is grinning because the pilot's got his hand on her backside...

You dog! How'd I miss that lol.

Which is even more concerning considering Miss 8.5/10 is creepy old dude's daughter.

So, moral of the story is the shortcut to getting a ride in a Coast Guard helicopter is to fly a Cirrus?

Which is even more concerning considering Miss 8.5/10 is creepy old dude's daughter.

Thats a little uncalled for - Dr. Dick McLaughlin is a fellow pilot, humanitarian and all around great guy. He was traveling to an emergency clinic he established on Haiti after the earthquake where he volunteers his time consistently and has saved many lives. And I can tell you he is not at all creepy.

All I can say is I hope I can be smiling and making fun pictures right after the crash like these two..!! :loco::lol::lol:

The more telling thing would be...what did he get as a replacement aircraft?

Back