Why the Foxtrot do I live here

I don't think anyone who owns a property in Park City actually shovels snow.

Somewhat true, a bit of a rarefied environment. But then, the folks who live Windermere, FL dont mow their own grass or do their own pest control either.

Most of my time in Fargo I lived in a nicer apartment building, didn't have to shovel snow either. Not quite the Park City heated sidewalk kind of luxury, but anywhere there is snow, you'll find people who will shovel it for not much money.

Speaking of Park City, what a great place. We'll be there in about a month. We've gone there the last 3 or 4 years.

My greatest complaint is that yesterdays winter storm only left 5 inches of powder instead of the expected 8. A great place to ski and based on the locals I talked to a good place to live. The resort traffic is quite predictable and with Salt Lake right next door, you are not limited to the resort town retail. Homes are only expensive compared with the rest of the world, its a steal compared with california prices.

rwanttaja said:
"23 below keeps out the riff-raff."
It used to. Sadly there is a direct flight to Chicago and the riff-raff has discovered Mayberry.
Certainly keeps ME the heck out. Haven't been back to North Dakota/Minnesota for Christmas since my niece got married in '95. Been back other times in the winter a couple of times, both for funerals.

Ron Wanttaja

And this is how you spend your time on the ground when it’s IFR stretch out there ...

IMG_1605.jpg

Looks like there was a table and a couple of chairs under there too. Had to clean... it was 36 degrees here yesterday and yes those bison burgers cooked real nice on the outdoor grill.

Certainly keeps ME the heck out. Haven't been back to North Dakota/Minnesota for Christmas since my niece got married in '95. Been back other times in the winter a couple of times, both for funerals.

Ron Wanttaja
I hope I have the good graces to die when the weather is nice.

We actually don't get that much snow, admittedly the stuff does take a lot of effort to keep out of the way. Thankfully if it really snows here everything shuts down. Walking in fresh we snow really sucks, and I don't even have proper snow boots. I'll have to fix that one of these days.

We actually don't get that much snow, admittedly the stuff does take a lot of effort to keep out of the way. Thankfully if it really snows here everything shuts down. Walking in fresh we snow really sucks, and I don't even have proper snow boots. I'll have to fix that one of these days.

Same here in Atlanta. :D

Except with VPN and WFH (Work-From-Home) it's just another work day, just one with no commute time. Typically later that day the snow melts and we're all back to normal.

Actually no. I'm an old country boy, who grew up with tractors, and I actually like the manual transmission. That pic shows a HST model with a blower, but like I said, that's just a pic like mine. Same model, different options. If I had to do a lot of forward-reverse, then the HST would be better, but I'm mostly straight runs, both for snow and for mowing. Advantages of the manual transmission are more HP to the PTO, and $1000 less on the price tag. Disadvantages of the manual are the reverse-clog-forward you mention, and resale. I typically sell/buy tractors every 20 years, so I don't worry about resale.
My tractor is a 3 x 4 shuttle shift. Sometimes operating the clutch pedal gets old, but that's just 'cuz I'm old.

Same here in Atlanta. :D

Except with VPN and WFH (Work-From-Home) it's just another work day, just one with no commute time. Typically later that day the snow melts and we're all back to normal.
Yeah, but you guys get summertime heat the likes of which I've never seen. Transitioned into my Mooney flying out of PDK. I was just about undone by that heat.

Being hot doesn’t stop us from going to work, the store, the airport or anywhere else. Ice certainly does. ;)

Departing in the afternoon in July or August without AC is not for the faint of heart. One can lose 5 lbs in sweat doing a run-up and holding short at PDK for release.

The SR22 G5 I was renting had AC. That was really nice. It made doing approach practice comfortable. :cool:

Back