Why no red zone below the stall speed on the ASI?

I just don't get it I guess. Fly by feel or fly by toys. I prefer feel in a GA aircraft. Otherwise it's not enjoyable to me.

Not saying you're wrong. It's just not my cup of tea.

Do you have an ASI?

If so - Why?

Do you have an ASI?

If so - Why?
All of this........
rubu5eha.jpg

Is unnecessary.
That's all I'm saying.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Guess what. You have a "red zone" below your stall speed. Nice one.

;)
Not my picture. Read back in the thread.

The raster is unnecessary in a light GA aircraft and as I said TO ME it takes away from the joy of feeling the aircraft and enjoying the aircraft.

Children of the Magenta.

Thus is the sad state of the new style of training, folks thinking stalling a plane is as harmful as going well past vne or mmo.

Sigh

No need to get all EdFred over needing or not needing an ASI. I'll bet I can fly most pimpwagon's with or without one ...

What's the point of the thread? Oh yeah, a red line below vstall.

Where were we? wtf?

Can a plane such as a 777 be flown without an ASI?

Thus is the sad state of the new style of training, folks thinking stalling a plane is as harmful as going well past vne or mmo.

Sigh

New style training? Someone said stalling is harmful? Well, I think we can agree that an unintended stall is harmful. No?

It's also funny that the old ASI has no low speed indication, but the newer video tape displays do. Yeah, :eek:

With all the glass everyone is carrying around either in the dash or portable, you'd think seeing red wouldn't be a problem.

Considering all the TERRAIN warnings, beeps, buzzers, flashers, bitching Betty's and crap we have now, Stevie Wonder himself should be able to avoid CFIT.

BLUE ... GOOD (above terrain)
YELLOW .. CAUTION (within 500')
RED .. PULL UP! (or we're all going to ****ing die!) :yikes:

I'M GLAD YOU SHOUTED THIS, CUZ IT'S PARTLY WRONG. IF I AM IN A 45DEG BANK, I CAN USE ANY AIRSPEED AND STALL? IF I LOAD THE PLANE TO GROSS AND STALL, AND THEN LOAD IT TO MINIMUM WEIGHT AND STALL, AM I AT THE SAME AIRSPEED? AIRSPEED PLAYS NO PART IN THE STALL EQUATION? WING LOADING/AOA IS NOT AFFECTED BY AIRSPEED? HMMMMMMMMM......

I'm not sure why you are shouting at me.

But the answer is, yes even with all your qualifications above, you are wrong.

Stall is determined by AOA. PERIOD. The so-callled airspeed is just the speed where approximately the critical AOA will be achieved when you try to maintain level flight but it is full of other assumptions as well.

No, if you lower the weight of the aircraft, you need less lift, so you fly with a lower AOA to maintain unaccelerated flight at a given speed. This means that you can fly slower without exceeding the critical AOA. And hence the so-called spall airspeed does DECREASE with a DECREASE in gross weight.

The bottom end of the green/white arcs are informational, not LIMITS.

Back