Why is United Airlines the only airline where passengers can listen to ATC radio transmissions?

As long as I don't miss the moose! Have a nice spot on the wall and a half empty freezer.

A half empty freezer..... I hope you have a big freezer..!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I used to get extra meat from the outfitters I knew. One front shoulder and one rear leg was all I could hold.

As far as I know United is the only airline where passengers can listen to ATC radio transmissions on their flights. On a recent JetBlue flight in their new A321, you supposedly could listen to ATC on their touch screen system with Sirius XM but it never worked when I tried to listen to it.

My question is why don't other airlines allow passengers to listen to ATC radio transmissions? Might be a perk for pilots or aviation enthusiasts.

It's because UAL is an exclusive club.

Get it? Club? UAL? Hahahaha

Nevermind. Carry on. Tough crowd.

First third of this video is entertaining (pun intended) for aviation history buffs.

The fact that you could buy the music track they played on AA on reel to reel tape is great, but the black and white TV photos and entertainment system description is even better.

99.9% of passengers that are also pilots are awesome. They are always interested and ask good questions. Very, very occasionally, you get the god's gift to aviation PPL who say the dumbest things.
You talk to lowly pilots? Wow!

First third of this video is entertaining (pun intended) for aviation history buffs.

The fact that you could buy the music track they played on AA on reel to reel tape is great, but the black and white TV photos and entertainment system description is even better.

How do you find this obscure stuff?

How do you find this obscure stuff?

TechMoan (admittedly a very odd name, I think he explained once long ago how he came up with it. Something about having the domain name, so why not use it...) is a popular YouTube channel covering all sorts of "nostalgic" technologies.

That British dude spends a fortune finding strange and interesting old tech examples of consumer electronics in working condition (or he repairs them) to film their operation (I'm old. I said "film"... see?) and put the videos online from the stuff he buys for his personal collection.

He also oddly has a huge playlist of reviews he's done of dashcams.

So either the "Vintage Audio and Hi-Fi" group had a link to him, or he came up while I was looking for dash cam reviews. Not sure at this point. I've been watching his stuff for quite a while now.

He also does the occasional review of something modern, and somewhere along the line he decided to show off his puppetry and awful sense of humor, which he does as bonus material at the end of some of his videos.

The Vintage Hi-Fi stuff he has is impressive. At first I would watch some of his videos on old stuff like his working first edition Walkman cassette player and collection of MiniDisc and LP players and such, but he finds much crazier stuff that completely failed in the marketplace. Stuff I've never even heard of, even though they were sold in my lifetime.

He's got about half a million subscribers now on YT, and I think he's figured out that the reviews of modern stuff aren't what keeps people subscribed, it's the weird stuff he collects that most are interested in.

Being a nerd with a penchant for test bench electronics work, I really liked his episode on "oscilloscope music".

Back