Why is this not working??

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
I'm in the process of building a website for the town where our airport is located.

Sometimes the javascript works, sometimes it gives me an error.

I host it internally on the same server as my company's website, and the javascript I use on both sites is exactly the same. All the properties are set to be exactly the same on each site, and the script works on the company site, but not the town site:

working site:
www.kem-tron.com
(similar javascript can be found under contact us -> michigan office)

non working site
www.sidnaw.org
(the javascript is in the top frame for "airport" and "contact webmaster)
When I check the javascript error, it give it from the wrong URL, which I don't even have ANY scripting on.

It's pretty simple javascript, no clue why I get errors on it.
Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:
Greebo said:
I dont get an error on either site.

Yeah, it's working now. I think I found the problem....Front Page.

In the index.htm part it was telling the top frame to target the main frame with any urls.

And in all of it's infinite "help" when I edited top.htm it put the target source there as well. When I removed the base target line from the top.htm it began to work again.

I am uninstalling Front Page, what's a decent HTML editor? I can do it in notepad, but sometimes that gets a bit difficult when I do rowspans and column spans and setting cell and table and page properties because I don't remember all the parameters.

Yeah, it's working now. I think I found the problem....Front Page.
Front Page is Evil.

DreamWeaver is a nice one, ... there are a bunch. Google HTML Editor and download a few free trials. The good ones aren't cheap tho, but worth it.

Maybe I'll just go do it like I used to. Notepad.

There is an OPENSOURCE one out there also. It's called Nvu and can be found at http://www.nvu.com/index.php.
My question is if the site doing the hosting employs a frontpage server, can I use some other product to get my stuff up there? Does the site need to provide some other mechanism or can DREAMWEAVER and others use the frontpage server directly?
Frontpage is just like all the other microsoft products. It starts off by assuming you know nothing about computers and will "guide" you on a journey of its choice.
ALL MICROSOFT PRODUCTS ARE EVIL. Too many incorrect assumptions and "help".

Back