Why insurance rates are going up

I agree, pretty silly…..BUT, from auto insurance coverage ; she was injured in a vehicle covered by GEICO. No different from an ordinary auto accident! Unfortunately, this type of ruling may have broader liability implications such as to hotels, airlines (airplane toilet area, yuk!) etc. GEICO and other ins. providers are probably changing their coverage declarations to exclude…..well, you know. Also, GEICO is probably dropping his coverage and maybe no other insurer will pick him up or at least raise his premium to about 5.2 million!

Legal Eagle did a good synopsis on this.

What the headline and article say isn't what's actually going on.

Last edited:
Legal Eagle did a good synopsis on this.

What the headline and article say isn't what's actually going on.

Wait, are you saying that the media sensationalizes a story for profit? I don’t believe it

I agree, pretty silly…..BUT, from auto insurance coverage ; she was injured in a vehicle covered by GEICO. No different from an ordinary auto accident! Unfortunately, this type of ruling may have broader liability implications such as to hotels, airlines (airplane toilet area, yuk!) etc. GEICO and other ins. providers are probably changing their coverage declarations to exclude…..well, you know. Also, GEICO is probably dropping his coverage and maybe no other insurer will pick him up or at least raise his premium to about 5.2 million!

Not precisely the facts. She was injured in an automobile, but not as the result of an automobile accident. This is why policies have medical payments coverage, in case a passenger whacks their head getting in, or some little kids finger gets slammed in the door. Injuries not the result of a traffic accident. Limits are usually around $5k. Settling for this amount under accidental liability coverage is nuts.

If this turns out to be what folks seem to say it is, auto insurance will end up paying a lot of child support ...

Back