Why I'll never buy another Marvel-Schebler carb

Thanks!

Funny how there's nothing about this on the MS website . . .

Because the AD isn't against Marvel it is long after marvel was out of the business.

""Precision Airmotive Corporation Carburetors""

Remember we never had a problem with these MA3 carbs until Precision took control.

Last edited:
Because the AD isn't against Marvel it is long after marvel was out of the business.

""Precision Airmotive Corporation Carburetors""

Remember we never had a problem with these MA3 carbs until Precision took control.

The MS site lists the SBs going back to when they were in Roman numerals, including compliance info for the original AD. They have nothing about the revision.

I've seen pics of two different types of 2-piece, one has squared-off legs for the secondary venturi, and the other has then beveled on the top edge of each leg. I'm going to assume that the latter is the kind to get, if I have any kind of choice.

Buy one of these tell me how well it runs on a 0-200/0-300

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG639ESY9-4

I'll stay with the brass ones that they shipped in the carbs for the first 60 years or so.

After all, it was only 10 years or so ago that they were telling us to get rid of the brass and put in the foam floats. Now they say get rid of the foam and put in epoxy.

Brass doesn't react to anything that might be in the gasoline. Dunno about their epoxy, and of course they won't say what it's actually made of.

I guess it would be different if I wanted to take the float out of my carb and use it as a wheel chock, or if I fly where the gas is hot enough to melt "sahl-der" or suddenly get this obsessive need to to drill holes in carb floats.

I'm sure not all that impressed that they had their voice-over done by a guy who can't pronounce words like "Lycoming."

Back