Why I love my SO...

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
Was out at Donaldson Jet Center yesterday and saw a Controller magazine that said "Get your sweetheart a real Diamond for Valentine's." or something similar. Pointed it out to Liz and said "There you go, that's what I want for Valentine's." Laughed about it, talked to Doug for a while, and then as we were walking back to the car, she said "20% down and $1,650/month would be a breeze."
blink.gif

The same woman who at this moment refuses to get in a plane with me just told me that she wouldn't mind getting a DA-40. I've got to be the luckiest guy in the world.
cool.gif

I'm going to hold her to it too...
devil.gif

So now you have to decide if you want the fuel sipping (5gph @ 125kt) diesel or the faster gas guzzler

(sniff... holds back tears...)

Man, that's... beautiful!

JRitt said:
So now you have to decide if you want the fuel sipping (5gph @ 125kt) diesel or the faster gas guzzler

hehe... In the end I think it'll be something not so brand new, but still... for her to say something like that definitely gives me hope :D

wbarnhill said:
The same woman who at this moment refuses to get in a plane with me just told me that she wouldn't mind getting a DA-40. I've got to be the luckiest guy in the world.

Wow, you ain't kiddin'!!! Does she have a sister? :D

That's a great airplane, too.

How long is the waiting time from deposit to delivery?

JRitt said:

You've gotta go to Europe to get the single-engine version in a diesel.

And really, how many other airplanes do 145kt at less than 10gph? I'd hardly call the Lyc version a "guzzler!"

flyingcheesehead said:
Wow, you ain't kiddin'!!! Does she have a sister? :D

That's a great airplane, too.

How long is the waiting time from deposit to delivery?
No clue. It'll be a few years before any of this comes to fruition, but still.. quite the amazing statement.

Her: "You know, 20% and 1650 wouldn't be difficult."
Me: "What?"
Her: "That magazine you showed me."
Me: "The Diamond?"
Her: "Yeah."
Me: :eek:
Her: "Seriously, it's feasible"
Her: "Are you ok?"

etc etc.

wbarnhill said:
I'm sure you know this already from any research or watching other people's questions get answered by those who know better but the "etc's" is what gets you in the long run. Fuel, insurance, annuals, hangar, surprise maintenance, etc.. Budget accordingly. A new bird will have less of some stuff (maintenance) with more of others (insurance).

I agree with that - 20% is 50-60K... 1650 a month is only your mortgage. I bet the "etc" is about double of that, if you plan to fly it that is. you two could buy a mighty spiffy house in SC for that! ;)

woodstock said:
1650 a month is only your mortgage.

Tell me you are joking!!!
I guess I won't complain about my $800/mo for 2400ft²

oh hell, my own mortgage on my house is 2200 - and it's appreciated over 50% so someone buying it today would be paying 3300. I was talking about 1650 for the airplane mortgage.

no, you shouldn't complain about 800 bucks! I bet I pay that in gas, tolls, and lunches during the work week, each month. not joking btw

wbarnhill said:
Was out at Donaldson Jet Center yesterday and saw a Controller magazine that said "Get your sweetheart a real Diamond for Valentine's." or something similar. Pointed it out to Liz and said "There you go, that's what I want for Valentine's." Laughed about it, talked to Doug for a while, and then as we were walking back to the car, she said "20% down and $1,650/month would be a breeze."
blink.gif

cool.gif

I'm going to hold her to it too...
devil.gif

And you did not immediately drop to one knee and propose because.......?

That woman deserves a ring, dude. Get with the program!
;) :wineglass:

Judy

P.S. My niece just called to tell me that she's engaged--her boyfriend proposed at the top of a mountain when they were skiing.

judypilot said:

Judy

P.S. My niece just called to tell me that she's engaged--her boyfriend proposed at the top of a mountain when they were skiing.

Well over on the red board William gets regularly accused of not being too bright. It seems that at least in this one case the shoe might be fitting :yes:

William: women like that do not come allong everyday, keep yourself worthy and don't let her go. I got one of them but it took a long time to find her, lots of frogs before my princess.

she is a keeper.

if I could find one that ..oh you know...at least had a job..even if it was part time 1 hour a week I would be amazed

smigaldi said:
Well over on the red board William gets regularly accused of not being too bright. It seems that at least in this one case the shoe might be fitting

HEY! :mad:

I'm waiting til I have a job that I can pay for her honeymoon. Gimme a break :D

I'm waiting to find one who makes more $$ than me.
waiting....
waiting....
waiting....

N2212R said:
waiting....
waiting....
waiting....

When we got married, my wife made 1/2 of what I did, but she's been doing well, and passed me by last year. You go, girl!

N2212R said:
Tell me you are joking!!!
I guess I won't complain about my $800/mo for 2400ft²

Mine is close to $1600. For the mortgage alone. Property tax is about $11,500 a year :O (but no income taxes...)

wsuffa said:
Property tax is about $11,500 a year :O (but no income taxes...)

No income tax here, property tax is only $1200/yr, but we will have to send Holly to private school, as most TN public schools are not very good. So, add $10k/yr to the 1200, and we're back in the ballpark.

N2212R said:
waiting....
waiting....
waiting....

either you aren't looking very hard or you make a boatload of money...

woodstock said:
I was talking about 1650 for the airplane mortgage.

Airplane mortgage? Just the sound of that scares me to death! Cash is king...

Greg
182RG

judypilot said:

Judy

Yeah, you do realize that if you get the plane, then she has a "get something expensive too" card. You are now indebted to her for something she wants.:rofl:

Still, it is a good woman who says something like this.:yes:

Get her something good tomorrow.

Dustin said:
Yeah, you do realize that if you get the plane, then she has a "get something expensive too" card. You are now indebted to her for something she wants.:rofl:

That cuts both ways, you know. Now that I'm getting my panel upgraded, my husband will probably want to buy another gun for his collection....or two or three or six.

Judy

ggroves said:
Airplane mortgage? Just the sound of that scares me to death! Cash is king...

Greg
182RG

give me a few years... :D although to be honest I'm beginning to think for investment purposes real estate is the way to go. if things keep going well it's gonna be a house a year. that's my goal.

judypilot said:
That cuts both ways, you know. Now that I'm getting my panel upgraded, my husband will probably want to buy another gun for his collection....or two or three or six.

Judy
Referred to in my house as a retalitatory purchase. Hard to keep up with airplanes though.

NC Pilot said:
Referred to in my house as a retalitatory purchase. Hard to keep up with airplanes though.

"Retaliatory purchase!" I love it!

To be honest, we don't really seem to operate that way. Might have something to do with the fact that our finances are separate. Which I don't really think is quite fair since I earn more than twice what he does, but he's happy with it. He's rather have total control over what he earns than have the benefit of my higher income (actually he does benefit because we don't split household expenses evenly but, rather, more or less in line with our relative incomes).

Judy

Back