Why I hate Obama

We could have photo ops like this then.

ALeqM5j8e6T7OKqc9aKZUFYU3iWV5rc7Gw

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iX-16FttPkCulMdckFjFJyOJCXlAD9HGQB9G0

moved into the copilot's seat.
That doesn't look like the copilot's seat to me! :no:

JesseD -- This isn't the Spin Zone. And I think Craig Fuller is the name you were looking for as the head of the AOPA.
Harry -- Flying internationally I haven't been asked the sorts of questions Adnrew's been asked to get his waiver, so it is more difficult than flying across the ADIZ. Also, there are not supposed to be barriers to interstate commerce and travel. How about if every state decided to say that they were concerned about someone transporting dangerous materials into the state and required you to land at a gateway airport in another state before landing there? That's neglecting the fact that this applies only to air travel and not to ground vehicles.

Last edited:
Re: Why I hate Stupidity

The lack of a secondary supplier of lead is probably the true main driver behind accepting that a change is necessary. Who do we blame if the lead supplies disappear because the maker goes bankrupt, and 100LL is no longer able to be made?
http://www.avweb.com/news/maint/182833-1.html

Try again. There's only been one manufacturer of TEL since 2000. Maybe even before, but that's the earliest documentary proof I can find in 30 seconds of Google-Fu.

Prez Ed, now that's scary! :D:D

At least a TFR over Sidnaw wouldn't affect that many people.

A) Great question. I know MVY is popular during the summer. They average 141 operations a day, one could easily assume summer is 2x that.

QUOTE]

Don't forget Katama Airpark which is also affected they average 20 flights per day for a 12 month period which I would also assume doubles the summer as its use in winter is necrotic.

You don't see the difference between screening airplanes which come in from other countries and screening airplanes which fly from, say, New Jersey to Massachusetts? Customs does not just have a security function. They are also concerned with commerce and what goods you might be bringing into the country. Even if the goods are legal the government wants its share.
Up until at least the mid-1970s, they were screening passengers arriving to HNL from the mainland (domestic flights). In answer to the rabble rousing about that, the screening was defended as another layer of putting the fear in the criminal element. If you weren't engaged in criminal activity you had nothing to fear, so went the mantra.

Screening domestic flights these days is nothing more than an escalation of security theater. As long as the sheeple fight among themselves as to whether this level of screening is necessary, the show will go on. When the sheeple rise up to say, "Enough!" is when we'll see real change.

Re: Why I hate Stupidity

http://www.avweb.com/news/maint/182833-1.html

Try again. There's only been one manufacturer of TEL since 2000. Maybe even before, but that's the earliest documentary proof I can find in 30 seconds of Google-Fu.

Apologies. As I said, most of what I know of the current situation is from that interview. The only thing I know for sure is that when they mandated lead be removed from auto engines, that anyone still using it should have started pushing for alternatives right then and there.

Everyone hates the government, they're either too fast or too slow, depending on your point of view. Heck the US Government legislated the lead phase out before I was born! You can't say this hasn't been a long time coming...

Screening domestic flights these days is nothing more than an escalation of security theater. As long as the sheeple fight among themselves as to whether this level of screening is necessary, the show will go on. When the sheeple rise up to say, "Enough!" is when we'll see real change.

Screening, in general, is theater. The best proof I has is the fact that I should set off EVERY metal detector I walk through if you want to pick up a knife, gun, et al. Just counting the last one, I have over 20 screws and 3 plates... I do set off the metal detectors at smaller airports, every single time. When it comes to the larger, hub, airports I'm afraid to say that depends.

What does it depend on? Well, how busy they are. I go at a peak time and I'll fly right through security (I used to smoke, so I'd go have one or two outside on layovers) to the gate. I would go through the same machines, but later at night when it wasn't busy, and I would instantly get pulled aside to be wanded.

All of it for the illusion of security, meh.

Back