Why electric planes are inevitable

Doesn't matter. I know what I saw and with whom I spoke. Something is wrong someplace. It would be helpful to explain the discrepancy. I doubt the Chinese government is telling lots of people to lie to a single American.

China always had uneven enforcement of the one child rule, and technically it was just fines that were leveled against the parents for the additional kid(s). The government actually started to relax the one child rule to two kids a long while back. It was recently revised again to three kids, with all sorts of efforts to encourage women to have more children.
So far, from what I have read, it has been a complete non-starter, with China having a replacement rate around 1.6 or 1.7 depending on the dates you pick. A rate of 2.1 is generally considered a stable population. This means, China has a potentially shrinking population, and it will do so by roughly 15 to 20% each generation (gap between current replacement rate and stable replacement rate).
Oh, in terms of the male/female ratio. It is not that extreme, it was a few percentage; but enough that people notice.

Tim

China always had uneven enforcement of the one child rule, and technically it was just fines that were leveled against the parents for the additional kid(s). The government actually started to relax the one child rule to two kids a long while back. It was recently revised again to three kids, with all sorts of efforts to encourage women to have more children.
So far, from what I have read, it has been a complete non-starter, with China having a replacement rate around 1.6 or 1.7 depending on the dates you pick. A rate of 2.1 is generally considered a stable population. This means, China has a potentially shrinking population, and it will do so by roughly 15 to 20% each generation (gap between current replacement rate and stable replacement rate).
Oh, in terms of the male/female ratio. It is not that extreme, it was a few percentage; but enough that people notice.

Tim
This makes sense, based on my observations. The male-female ratio doesn't seem extreme to me, I don't notice that there are many more men on the streets and taking transportation. I do note that my women friends there are often delaying marriage compared to when their their parents married, too.

China had a hard rule allowing only one child. They have eased that rule so population will grow. The US and Europe are nearly stable on births. The rest of the world is growing like crazy! We have 330 million people in the US. The rest of the world has 7.4 billion people!
Coming up...Your fears of overpopulation are about to be alleviated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wp...es/G4LXCUREDRFMZODLPPMEC6M254/?outputType=amp

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Where's Harry Seldon when we need him?

I'd prefer that the need for Harry be far far FAR in the future... if you know what I mean.

True dat. And your post made me realize I needed to go back and un-autocorrect 'Hari' in my original post.

mmm, it's been so long since I've read it that I was just going with the phonetic ...

Profits and economics - not government planning - drive innovation and progress.
Profits are impossible without markets. Markets are literally defined by Law, Courts, Regulation, Monetary Base, egads, GOVERNMENT!! Someone will make the rules, someone will wield power. When you lead your argument with government is the impediment, your thinking and logic are unserious and to be dismissed.

I see GPS as the same as "building a road". Building a road doesn't mean you get to take credit for the plant someone built next to it. The government didn't create GPS to be used as it is today. It was a military device. That the private sector took it and made something out of it doesn't put a "win" in the column for government controlled economy. Same for the internet.

I've seen examples of government being prescriptive separate of economics and what people want - like CFL light bulbs. Expensive, people didn't like them, and they've been replaced / being replaced by LED's now. All because the old incandescents were "evil".

THUS - because private sector can make use of something that came from a technology that government had involvement with doesn't mean government mandates and directed businesses will be successful.
The private sector capitalizes on government initiative, by your own account. THUS, you defeated your own argument! Paul Samuelson-Economics- Ours is a mixed economy, with elements of planning and private enterprise occuring simultaneously- it is not a matter of one or the other “wins”.

Last edited:
The private sector capitalizes on government initiative, by your own account. THUS, you defeated your own argument!
It always amazes me. I can’t think of a population that enjoys an outsized proportion of the benefits of government services like pilots in America, yet they bellyache more than anyone.

And in sweeping the snow off acres of panels. And dust. And in replacing those smashed by hail. And in replacing the turbine blades as they fatigue and approach failure. And is the maintenance of both systems. They are not maintenance-free.

Numerous solar fields and turbine installations have been removed as money-losers. It means that the cost of electricity has to go up. It also means that solar and wind, which are horribly intermittent, need conventional sources that can quickly take up the slack as the sun goes down or the sky clouds up or the wind stops or gets too strong. Or we need massive battery installations for which there isn't enough lithium on the planet. And we need to dedicate vast areas to these things: in the west, that means cutting down a lot of forest for access roads to turbines and for the powerline rights-of-way; Those things must be up high on hilltops to catch the wind; solar also needs clearcutting, or the loss of other land areas. The environmentalists will oppose every step of all of this, at the same time they're demanding green energy. We see it is BC where the proposal of one new hydroelectric dam creates enormous opposition and expense.

All of this has been examined in great detail in reputable papers summarized on sites like https://wattsupwiththat.com/
Dan, fly into KLAF. I am based VPZ. Approaching Purdue from the north, you will observe the giant Meadow Lakes Wind Farm. At a couple thousand feet, each turbine you will see is spinning, across your horizon. The corn and soybeans grow to the base of the towers. I can assure you the farmers enjoy the profits of the land lease. Nothing is clear cut for the turbines. Hills?? Utterly flat landscape. There is no evidence of any equipment visible that is constantly changing turbine blades, or the turbines themselves. The site is about 20 years old. BP is a stakeholder here, as well as your boogey man “the environmentalists”. Observations possible through our access to private flying pretty much counter your every point.

Dan, fly into KLAF. I am based VPZ...

Ha, ha I grew up in Valpo. Started flying in 1969 at Murvihill's in the J3. Used to wash Mark's Cadillac for stick time.

How's that for thread drift?

Yea I come back after a week's absence to check up on the chatter about electric planes, go to page 10 and W T FEFff...?

you are surprised at the thread drift?

you aren't a rookie, are you?

Ha, ha I grew up in Valpo. Started flying in 1969 at Murvihill's in the J3. Used to wash Mark's Cadillac for stick time.

How's that for thread drift?
I Love it! I am there on a visa from Crown Point. I am in a wonderful space with heat, water on the east side. My landlord started there in 1963, he just turned 90.

I Love it! I am there on a visa from Crown Point, just at 5 years. I am in a wonderful space with heat, water on the east side. My landlord started there in 1963, he just turned 90.
I only met Mr Murvihill briefly years ago. I considered 05C my home base, started there in 1983, but VPZ is worth the drive for me.

Dan, fly into KLAF. I am based VPZ. Approaching Purdue from the north, you will observe the giant Meadow Lakes Wind Farm. At a couple thousand feet, each turbine you will see is spinning, across your horizon. The corn and soybeans grow to the base of the towers. I can assure you the farmers enjoy the profits of the land lease. Nothing is clear cut for the turbines. Hills?? Utterly flat landscape. There is no evidence of any equipment visible that is constantly changing turbine blades, or the turbines themselves. The site is about 20 years old. BP is a stakeholder here, as well as your boogey man “the environmentalists”. Observations possible through our access to private flying pretty much counter your every point.

I don't have any significant issue with the wind farm (I think they look pretty cool driving or flying through the area), but I do see the oversized trucks and their convoys hauling new turbine blades down I-65 with significant frequency.

I don't have any significant issue with the wind farm (I think they look pretty cool driving or flying through the area), but I do see the oversized trucks and their convoys hauling new turbine blades down I-65 with significant frequency.
For new wind farms!

Back