Why do the WX gods Hate me??

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
AARRRGGHHHH!!!

I am supposed to fly up to Traverse City this morning to go pick up some gear. It is bad enough that my flight to Gaston's was canceled for WX as well as any subsequent flights for fun in the past 10 days. But even today I am awoken by the NOAA WX radio blaring 'severe thunderstorm warning' and this stuff barreling down on me.

attachment.php

Tell me that is not coming straight at me personally!!!

So here I sit waiting for it to pass.

I hopefully will get out of here latter today.

Attachments

• 2xradara4_tribune.gif
    2xradara4_tribune.gif
    56.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Over on the mooney list we have a guy we nicknamed "Black Cloud" for his uncanny ability to attract severe wx. Seems you have the same talent. Please move to Colombia immediately.

Seriously, the nice thing about summer storms is that they move fast and if you're flexible and patient you can often make a trip as a series of short hops and waits for weather to clear. You get more landings per trip that way too!

I think I see some gaps. You could just pick your way through. What's the problem??

:eek:

Every time I look at the weather charts I think, thank goodness I don't live in the Midwest. Those TS pop up faster than Presidential TFRs out there. Higher effective altitudes, too!!

Scott I feel your pain. Wx during the day here is not as violent as at night but I was planning a fathers day trip in Gary's Cherokee down the shore ( what the rest of the country referrs to as "going to the beach" Wx is 4sm haze and rain for about one hour clearing up in the afternoon. Ugh. Not optimal to take the Wife and daughter up, even for tuhe short 50 min flight. Such a pain. I almost rather have the red and yellow makes the decision easier. My flight would be possible just not very enjoyable. Of course last thursday, friday and this tuesday will be beautiful:mad:

AARRRGGHHHH!!!

I am supposed to fly up to Traverse City this morning to go pick up some gear. It is bad enough that my flight to Gaston's was canceled for WX as well as any subsequent flights for fun in the past 10 days. But even today I am awoken by the NOAA WX radio blaring 'severe thunderstorm warning' and this stuff barreling down on me.

Tell me that is not coming straight at me personally!!!

Boy, liberals always take things so personally! :D:D:D

I had my first instrument lesson yesterday, and it was clear until late afternoon, but choppy as heck. Holding heading and altitude was definitely a challenge. Heck, who am I kidding. Holding wings level was a challenge. :redface:

If you do fly, be safe, Scott.

Back