Why are our PCs sharing stuff?

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
A few months ago, I booted up my PC and my background (wall paper) was wrong. The picture looked familiar so I asked my wife. She said that was the background she had on her PC.

How did it get on my PC?

Today my wife pulled up Chrome but something wasn't working right so she pulled up MicroSoft Edge. She asked what all those tabs were for. She never used them I looked at her laptop and all the tabs were from my PC.

How did my tabs jump to her laptop?

More importantly, how do I stop that from happening.

Chances are you are using the same Microsoft account to login to both PCs and you have some settings for that account turned on and synching, like Edge. In Edge click on your account picture in the top right corner and you'll most likely see "Sync is on"
Google your question and learn how to turn them off using the search results.

Chances are you are using the same Microsoft account to login to both PCs and you have some settings for that account turned on and synching, like Edge. In Edge click on your account picture in the top right corner and you'll most likely see "Sync is on"
Google your question and learn how to turn them off using the search results.
Thanks. Sync was on. And it wasn't just a matter of turning it off; there were about a dozen separate things that I disabled.
Now, I wonder what I broke.

Thanks. Sync was on. And it wasn't just a matter of turning it off; there were about a dozen separate things that I disabled.
Now, I wonder what I broke.
Well, the first thing I found that I broke is that Edge has left my task bar, and when I do bring it up, all my tabs are gone.

We are all screwed..while I feel your pain regarding MS Edge which I hate, I am often amazed that I my tv remote is listening to my conversations and posting ads related to my conversation when I go online. My HP laptop is little more than a doorstop after all the updates...it worked great 2 years ago...win10 not my favorite os. After updating for over an hour, it has been slower than my old 8088 ever since. Good luck .

Back