Why are Cessna Skymasters not liked? Or are they?

The problem was that people lost the rear engine during take off and did not realize. And could not take off on only one engine.

We had an Oscar Deuce at our recent Vietnam helicopter museum event. I’ve always wanted to have a go at one, but that didn’t happen this time.

I can’t remember what he said about engine outs, but I think he said that single engine takeoffs are prohibited if I remember correctly. I don’t know why you would want to try it anyway.

People's reasoning can be their own, but for me it would be for STOL performance, visibility, and history.

It's always experience dependent, how much multi time do you have? Also after you have a 100 hours in type insurance usually drops off a cliff, so that's usually a "first year" only price that goes down subsequently.

I expect that one engine out is safer to deal with when flying an in line, but that’s only a guess.

why choose one over a P-Baron or 340 and vice versa
couple reasons, at least why I would be more interested in a 337
(1) more docile engine out handling than wing mounted multi
(2) the Cessna cabins are comfortable. Not a fan of the Baron / Bo cabins. The 337 feels huge inside, esp with that rear window
(3) better visibility. As much as I love twins the view out the window is basically that of an engine
(4) shorter ground rolls
(5) I think it looks cooler than both
(6) novelty factor

Back