Whose airplane is that?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
What kind of airplane is that one?

I have started a window ID placard thingy.
only had 5 mins to do it, need someone with actual skills to take it over and complete it.
Feel free to modify, it needs it.

Attachments

• Gaston's Window ID.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
How 'bout adding a line at the bottom?

We're here...

...for a Dam good time :)

Looks good. Now need to get the logo from Kate.:yes:

Note, though, that Diana will correctly remind you that it is not a PoA Fly-In! There are many coming from other boards (Red, Purple, Citabluberia :)) and some just friends!

Looks good. Now need to get the logo from Kate.:yes:

Note, though, that Diana will correctly remind you that it is not a PoA Fly-In! There are many coming from other boards (Red, Purple, Citabluberia :)) and some just friends!

Grant:

Let's stop being silly.

Everybody from the known universe is invited - that's part of what makes it great. But be real: it's plain silly not to have a central place for discussion of logistical details, the fly-in "came of age" through PoA discussions, and PoA has the dedicated Gaston's forum. Just because the AOPA board was reconstituted (after being shut down), or other new pilot's forums come into use, is not a reason to fragment the coordination and ignore the history.

No one owns it (except, I guess, the Gaston family, who own the fraggin' runway).

But this unstingled carp of claiming it's "not a PoA fly-in" is just... silly. Of course it's a PoA fly-in, just not only a PoA fly-in.

Or maybe you think it's best to ensure that the dissemination of information, and sharing of ideas, about the fly-in is done in as many disparate places as possible?

No one's collecting royalties, here. Sheesh.

Grant:

Let's stop being silly.

Everybody from the known universe is invited - that's part of what makes it great. But be real: it's plain silly not to have a central place for discussion of logistical details, the fly-in "came of age" through PoA discussions, and PoA has the dedicated Gaston's forum. Just because the AOPA board was reconstituted (after being shut down), or other new pilot's forums come into use, is not a reason to fragment the coordination and ignore the history.

No one owns it (except, I guess, the Gaston family, who own the fraggin' runway).

But this unstingled carp of claiming it's "not a PoA fly-in" is just... silly. Of course it's a PoA fly-in, just not only a PoA fly-in.

Or maybe you think it's best to ensure that the dissemination of information, and sharing of ideas, about the fly-in is done in as many disparate places as possible?

No one's collecting royalties, here. Sheesh.

+1, well said Spike.

Even if I am only a Pax in someone else plane I like the Idea.
Leaving the POA off it might get more people to put them in their plane. You could do is add a spot to check for POA or the otheres if you want.

Everybody from the known universe is invited

Just took a call, some guy from an as-yet-unknown-to-us universe. He is a bit upset. Saw your post. Is asking, 'Why can't I come to the fly-in?'
Promised to bring some really cool equipment if we'd let him in. Did mention need for radioactive-washdown area for the craft. Promised to slow down his runway inspection passes to below lightspeed, so us earthlings could enjoy it.

The reality is we're all friends once we arrive no matter which "color"...and that's what is important...I was made to feel most welcome last year...(thanks to Diana threatening Spike to within an inch of his life because she wasn't there yet). :thumbsup: Somehow I think everyone would have been ALMOST as warm and welcoming anyway. :yes:

You blue board folks are alright...I'm sure we'll all make lots of new friends this year...and have a really great time!

I'm new to flying (sort of... my first lessons were in 1971 :D), appear to have just bought an airplane and have spent way too much time :)D) on the various aviation forums over the last couple of years, starting with the Red Board. I tend to hang out mostly at the Purple Board. Why? I dunno... it just kind of happened and now it feels like home.

But I really like POA. :) It's fun over here and if I didn't have a job I'd be driving you folks crazy, too. :D.

I've greatly appreciated the updates on Gaston's (and the invitations!) that have shown up on the Purple Board and the Red Board. The way I see it, we're all pilots and all friends. We just haven't met all of our friends yet.

It's great that POA has this forum and that there's a lot of energy here for the fly-in and it's cool that there's a sense of energy building on the other forums, too. Perhaps in a few years, we'll occupy the entire Gaston's resort.

When things like this are good and grow, it can feel uncomfortable to the people who started it. There can a real sense of loss over what happened to "our nice, small fly-in where we knew everybody." I hope that folks here aren't too terribly disappointed that what so many of you have contributed to has grown beyond the POA border and is finding fruitful ground in other colored forums.

Wow, Kim, that's kind of scary... we were writing similar posts at the same time. Yikes! Is it a full moon tonight?

Kim, I got news for you.

A babe like you will never be lacking warm and embracing welcome. Plus, you have a cool airplane with rocket mounts. Hubba-hubba!

Flippy's welcome, too.

--

edit: I tried to get some folks at the DFW Pilots board interested, but they all seem to want to go to Oklahoma.

Spike, I'm expecting AT LEAST as warm a welcome as I got last year...

Looking forward to it...:D

PLUS, you're my neighbor!!!! :thumbsup:

Spike is right about the significance of having a dedicated forum for Gaston's here - plus all you "blue" folks do the lion's share of the heavy lifting sharing information, making sure we know how to stay safe down there, organizing the Poker Run, making dinner and brunch reservations, and just generally making sure everyone knows what they need to know.

I'm really looking forward to it!!! Thanks POAers for all you do to make it work!! :yes:

I TOLD you- she's a Goddess!

So why not add a line for "Web Board Affiliation(s)"?

-Skip

I added a "Webboard" line but there's only room for one set of answers. What about the pax/crew? I also put in lines for arrival and departure times thinking that this might be useful and a place to indicate where the pilot/owner is staying at Gastons in case someone wants to look them up.

Attachments

• Gaston's Window ID-1.doc
    20 KB · Views: 16
I'll be building a Window sign generator into the website soon -- a nametag one is coming as well.

Back