Who's got the best place?

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
I'll be in Manhattan Beach the 18th thru 25th and then another 6 weeks starting mid-September thru October. I may not have time next week, but will definitely need some altitude in October. I know there's lots of airports around the area, but which one do you consider the best to rent from.

I was bummed about going to CA in October as September and October are usually the best flying in the East and I was hoping to make some fun trips. But.....just got notice that Lycoming has issued a mandatory SB that the crank shaft is defective on my birdie. So the engine's going to be pulled sometime in September. Supposedly 3-4 weeks.....I'll believe that when I see it.........:(

What type do you want to rent? How old and how much do you want to spend?

Justice Aviation at Santa Monica is a good operation. Hawthorne is closest, but I'm not sure if there is anything to rent there anymore. There are a couple FBOs at Torrance as well. Travelling farther south, there are several FBOs at Long Beach.

Jeff

Jeff Oslick said:
What type do you want to rent? How old and how much do you want to spend?

Justice Aviation at Santa Monica is a good operation. Hawthorne is closest, but I'm not sure if there is anything to rent there anymore. There are a couple FBOs at Torrance as well. Travelling farther south, there are several FBOs at Long Beach.

Jeff

Flexible on what to rent and cost (I'm on travel, money seems to lose it's meaning until I'm back home :p ). Main criteria.....good/updated avionics stack and friendly people. I've become accustomed to low wing, but of course most of my training was high wing. Since a checkout will probably be required, interested in trying something I haven't flown before, so a variety of aircraft would be nice, but not a requirement.

Kaye said:
Flexible on what to rent and cost (I'm on travel, money seems to lose it's meaning until I'm back home :p ). Main criteria.....good/updated avionics stack and friendly people. I've become accustomed to low wing, but of course most of my training was high wing. Since a checkout will probably be required, interested in trying something I haven't flown before, so a variety of aircraft would be nice, but not a requirement.

Kaye,

There may be some closer but if you want to rent an SR-22
(you said money has no meaning while traveling) you can
come down to Sunrise Aviation at John Wayne (KSNA). They also have
a cub, decathalons, and new glass panel Diamond DA-40's.
http://www.sunriseaviation.com

greg

river_rat said:
Kaye,

There may be some closer but if you want to rent an SR-22
(you said money has no meaning while traveling) you can
come down to Sunrise Aviation at John Wayne (KSNA). They also have
a cub, decathalons, and new glass panel Diamond DA-40's.
http://www.sunriseaviation.com

greg

an SR-22, really!?!?!?!?! I just drooled all over my keyboard......

But I've also wanted a tailwheel endorsement.......

Oh dear, sounds like I should ship my credit card home :D

For my money, I'd be all over the DA40 instead of the Cirrus. But I love those lil' beasts.

Back