Who's gonna be first on the list?

I hope I can make it, but have reservations. I teach class from 3:00-4:00 on Fridays. That means I'll have to set the aircraft up Thursday evening, then boogie from campus to the airport Friday afternoon and get as close to 6Y9 as I can that evening. Saturday morning I make my approach to 6Y9. Can't see it going any better since I can't land that strip at night. I'm not that good a stick.

Any wx on either end and I'm done. I've never had anything with this tight of a window work, but I am ever hopeful.

I hope I can make it, but have reservations. I teach class from 3:00-4:00 on Fridays. That means I'll have to set the aircraft up Thursday evening, then boogie from campus to the airport Friday afternoon and get as close to 6Y9 as I can that evening. Saturday morning I make my approach to 6Y9. Can't see it going any better since I can't land that strip at night. I'm not that good a stick.

Any wx on either end and I'm done. I've never had anything with this tight of a window work, but I am ever hopeful.

Full moon on Friday ... (just sayin' ;) hope you're able to make it)

Full moon on Friday ... (just sayin' ;) hope you're able to make it)

I still doubt it would give sufficient light to perform a landing that tight. I am very conservative about these things. More likely to land the lighted strip thirty minutes away. I wonder if they allow camping on the airfield.

I finished the checkout in the Bonanza last night, so we'll be bringing that. We're hoping to meet up with Lynn for lunch at OSH on the way up on Friday.

I finished the checkout in the Bonanza last night, so we'll be bringing that. We're hoping to meet up with Lynn for lunch at OSH on the way up on Friday.

Anyone else who is coming from our general direction headed North, is more than welcome to join us! Lunch at the Friar's! :D

just over a week away, has Jesse taken off yet??

:mad::mad:Two trials, First AND Second week of Sept. First starts 9/4 :mad::mad:

This is getting old, happened two years ago as well. I need a new profession.

:mad::mad:Two trials, First AND Second week of Sept. First starts 9/4 :mad::mad:

This is getting old, happened two years ago as well. I need a new profession.

We won't mind if you bring your work with you, Adam. We'll even keep you supplied with drinks if you have to take up an entire booth at Hoppy's. :rolleyes:

We won't mind if you bring your work with you, Adam. We'll even keep you supplied with drinks if you have to take up an entire booth at Hoppy's. :rolleyes:

Yeah, sadly preparing for trial is not conducive to having fun. The killer is there is always a good chance it will be postponed.

Yeah, sadly preparing for trial is not conducive to having fun. The killer is there is always a good chance it will be postponed.
Well, last year Leslie was working on preparing some national rankings while at OSH!

I recall a breakfast establishment opening adjacent to the field. Is is still extant?

Yeah, but think about how much more productive you can be with a handful of crown-n-cokes in you. Especially with a group of 'consultants' there to help - you can solve all of the world problems. ;)

Yeah, but think about how much more productive you can be with a handful of crown-n-cokes in you. Especially with a group of 'consultants' there to help - you can solve all of the world problems. ;)

Or just Crown (still in that velvet thing) passed around a fire pit.

Man...the forecast looks absolutely maaaaahhhhhhvelous! Especially compared to last year. Hopefully it won't change much 'twixt now and then.

:thumbsup:

So...

When's everyone coming and going?

Us.

We're making a week's vacation out of it. Tuesday to Tuesday. We plan to hike, canoe (if there's any water), go "water falling", etc.

Tim, even if you're going there Tuesday, you're still posting a weather forecast way too early!

And we're planning to stop at OSH for lunch on the way up on Friday. Anyone else is welcome to join us!

I plan on leaving around 5am Thursday. I'll get there when I get there.

Right now it looks like I can leave Denver early Friday and return on Sunday. As always it's subject to change.

Leaving after work on Friday morning! Planning on lunch at Friar Tuck's (KOSH) at noon. I'm looking so forward to this weekend. Probably will pick up fuel in Clintonville and then staying at 6Y9 until the Fred's kick me off the airport... the week following the holiday weekend is my regular week off. I'm in no rush to get home. :D

I would very much appreciate an airport/runway condition advisory from anyone happening to get there before me... THANKS!

Last edited:
Well...to misquote an oft misquoted misquote...

The best-laid plans of mice and men go oft awry.

We're out! (*&#^%#(#^*&^$!) :sad:

Chris' chocolate lab, Sonny, had TPLO surgery last Wednesday. About six months ago he was diagnosed with hip dysplasia by our "general practitioner" vet. Well, it seems as though he doesn't have hip dysplasia after all…no, the "surgeon" vet says he tore up a knee...his anterior cruciate ligament.

Anyway, TPLO is a pretty extensive surgery, they actually cut his bone in 1/2 and screwed it back together with a plate. Recovery time...8 weeks! We have to keep him semi-sane for 8 weeks! With two other dogs around…this'll be interesting.

I purposely scheduled the surgery for the week before 6Y9 and planned to board him at our Vet's office next week so they can both keep him mellow and monitor him.

But, after discussing it more both here at home and with our vet, it seems this wasn't such a good idea. Sonny is easily excited (his theme song) and we just don't think having him in an environment where strange dogs/cats are coming and going all day long is a wise idea...even if he is confined in a crate. And, the vet doesn't have a good way too keep him isolated. Sooooo...we're stuck at home.

Bummer, bummer, bummer. I was so looking forward to it this year, going waterfalling, introducing Chris to this great group of people, etc. :(

I'll be there in spirit.

(oh, and there's a cabin open now).

Here's Sonny last Thursday (his first day home):
attachment.php

Here's Sonny this morning:
attachment.php

He's a special boy...almost as special as Buddy. ;)

Attachments

• Sonny TPLO Day 1 small.jpg
    Sonny TPLO Day 1 small.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 157
  • SonnySmall.jpg
    SonnySmall.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Really sorry to hear that, Tim. We were looking forward to meeting Chris. But at least the dog will be mending!

BTW, the cabin is no longer available; Leslie and I have it. Weren't you planning a car, too? Where we're you going to get that from? Saw the info in the other thread. Since we're only going to be there for the weekend, though, I'm not sure that a car will be that helpful, unless folks would just like to have another vehicle around for general transportation. I'm willing to fund that!

Last edited:
David White...................2....KHYI......C172. .....N1161F
Gary, Jeanne, Crash, Paul(?)..3....KSAW......auto... ...n/a
Grant_Leslie_Prellwitz........2....1C5.......BE33. ......N1074W
JoeSelch (Liz)................1....57D.......SYY
Winters, Tim & Chris.... .....2....0T3.......C182A... ..N5057D
Lynn Merli....................1.. .KTIP.... .PA28-181...N3334Q
Sam Cox......... ... .........1....KIXD......PA-XXX.....XXXXX
Mike, Laura, Ben Keller.......3....KBQR......C172N......N9679H
FrankenkotaFlyer..............1....KFTG......P28B. .....N8089V
Jesse Angell..................1....KCEK......FB-1A. .....N48ML

What's the [/S] mean by Lynn's name? (Assuming bad line break and not that I've lost my roommate!)

Tim - sorry I won't get to meet you! Hope your sweet pup fares well.

Grant - looks like we'll be neighbors again. So, remind me, what happens if I knock three times?

What's the [/S] mean by Lynn's name? (Assuming bad line break and not that I've lost my roommate!)

Tim - sorry I won't get to meet you! Hope your sweet pup fares well.

Grant - looks like we'll be neighbors again. So, remind me, what happens if I knock three times?

Must be on your screen. I only see Tim's line crossed out.

:nono::nono::rofl:

Change of plans. Instead of OSH, we'll meet at Iola (68C) for lunch at noon Friday.

Well...to misquote an oft misquoted misquote...

The best-laid plans of mice and men go oft awry.

We're out! (*&#^%#(#^*&^$!) :sad:

Chris' chocolate lab, Sonny, had TPLO surgery last Wednesday. About six months ago he was diagnosed with hip dysplasia by our "general practitioner" vet. Well, it seems as though he doesn't have hip dysplasia after all…no, the "surgeon" vet says he tore up a knee...his anterior cruciate ligament.

Anyway, TPLO is a pretty extensive surgery, they actually cut his bone in 1/2 and screwed it back together with a plate. Recovery time...8 weeks! We have to keep him semi-sane for 8 weeks! With two other dogs around…this'll be interesting.

I purposely scheduled the surgery for the week before 6Y9 and planned to board him at our Vet's office next week so they can both keep him mellow and monitor him.

But, after discussing it more both here at home and with our vet, it seems this wasn't such a good idea. Sonny is easily excited (his theme song) and we just don't think having him in an environment where strange dogs/cats are coming and going all day long is a wise idea...even if he is confined in a crate. And, the vet doesn't have a good way too keep him isolated. Sooooo...we're stuck at home.

Bummer, bummer, bummer. I was so looking forward to it this year, going waterfalling, introducing Chris to this great group of people, etc. :(

I'll be there in spirit.

(oh, and there's a cabin open now).

Here's Sonny last Thursday (his first day home):
attachment.php

Here's Sonny this morning:
attachment.php

He's a special boy...almost as special as Buddy. ;)
Awww, Sonny looks so pitiful...poor thing. Not being able to attend 6Y9, that really suxs...I know how much you were looking forward to going.
As you know, I would have liked to go, but just now Frank and I aren't up for any "epic journeys". :wink2:

Really sorry to learn about Chris' pup, the good news is that it's not hip dyplasia. Have you considered a dog sitter?

Some updates: we were given a full size refrigerator that seems to be working fine, so that will be available to the campers should you choose to use a fridge instead of coolers to keep your food/drinks cold. We also plan on leaving the grill over at the field after the fly in lunch so that will also be available.

Correct, the restaurant right in town is closed again.

We can make arrangements to make a grocery run.

Any other questions, concerns, issues, etc?

For those who are planning on coming, safe travel and see you soon!!!

.....and for those who can't make it this year, we will miss you for sure! :sad::sad::sad:

Wow, Diz - 6Y9 is turning into a regular country club! :D

Dog sitter is lined up and I'm keeping work at bay ... just gotta get my stuff together. Can't wait!

Back