Who's avatar is that?

Hehe I turned into Scott (DizzT from IA) I do wonder what the logic was to reassign pictures.

Pete

Ah, it's the refresh thingie, cause I wasn't see any changes either.....until now.

Man Jesse is the BEST!!!!

No doubt that Chuck's makeover is the "Most Improved." As I sit here awaiting DHL to deliver the new Discover Card which should have arrived yesterday, while reading through this thread I shudder to think what has happened to my baby in my "normal" avatar.

HR

EDIT: Well, dayamm; ya mean I'm finally legal to carry a passenger? Good deal!

Greebo, Your new avatar is all over the main page! WOW! It really brings out your feminine side :D

I'm
Too sexy for my shirt
Too sexy for my shirt
So sexy it hur-urts...

Ah, it's the refresh thingie, cause I wasn't see any changes either.....until now.

My guess is that we're running from load-balanced servers, and only one was set asunder - probably to make it easier to recover from the other one. When some people visit the site, they connect to the "right" server, thus adding to the confusion (not to mention Jesse's amusement) :D.

My guess is that we're running from load-balanced servers, and only one was set asunder - probably to make it easier to recover from the other one. When some people visit the site, they connect to the "right" server, thus adding to the confusion (not to mention Jesse's amusement) :D.

Um nope I don't think so. I think my computer or network "remembers" somethings so it doesn't have to load everything every time 'cause I have to hit 'refresh' on every page I want to update to see the messed up avatars. I'm sure tomorow I'll have to do the same thing to "fix" them.

Um nope I don't think so. I think my computer or network "remembers" somethings so it doesn't have to load everything every time 'cause I have to hit 'refresh' on every page I want to update to see the messed up avatars. I'm sure tomorow I'll have to do the same thing to "fix" them.

*ding ding*. Vbulletin sends cache control headers for the images. I didn't have the time to reverse engineer all of that--so I decided it was good enough.

*ding ding*. Vbulletin sends cache control headers for the images. I didn't have the time to reverse engineer all of that--so I decided it was good enough.

*Score one for the non-computer-geek*

And up untill I saw your Avatar, I thought it was just all random... but I think you picked yours

*Score one for the non-computer-geek*

And up untill I saw your Avatar, I thought it was just all random... but I think you picked yours
It is mostly random. Random in the sense that I wrote the script to randomize it with no effort put towards trying to influence the result. Not random in the sense that the way I did it isn't truly 'random'.

I still don't see all this avatar switching you're talking about. Everyone still has their normal ones to me, and I've hit refresh a few times.

Well, Jesse is now Pookies (aka Danielle), and vice versa. I wonder what Danielle thinks about that. More importantly, I wonder what Tristan thinks about that...

I have no idea who I am, that looked like a picture that Kate (skyflyer8) had posted, but it doesn't appear the case. Worse yet, I have no idea who is me!

Last edited:
I hit refresh three times. Does that mean I don't have to take a shower the rest of the week?

:D

BRYWN has mine and I had his but he still has mine.

Bob

Edit: now that is low, giving a high wing guy a low wing avatar.

Last edited:
Well- the guy in my avatar looks better than I do in real life!

Ewww... a low wing... with a nosewheel!! Get it offa me...!
Help!!!

:D

Even funnier is that I don't recall whose it is... and just kidding, BTW... if it flies, it's OK in my book.

Aha! Found me. A user I don't know named Trixie stole my avatar. I can't think of a good way of discerning whose I'm using now.

Hehe I turned into Scott (DizzT from IA) I do wonder what the logic was to reassign pictures.

Pete
for line in `ls`; do echo $RANDOM $line; done | sort -n | awk '{print $2}'

From there I swapped one avatar for the next avatar with a little more bash.

Mine's the one I uploaded I don't get all the hullabaloo.

I think I'm Ken Ibold, but not sure. I know this avatar posts a lot.

At least I didn't end up with Nick's old one.

Mine's the one I uploaded I don't get all the hullabaloo.

Ed have you tried completely closing your browser? What browser are you using? Clearing your cache would do it for sure.

I didn't clear cache but on two separate computers and two separate networks and two separate service providers, I have my own avatar, and nothing looks amiss. Both computers have been rebooted at some point during the day.

Matthew is me, and Greebo and Mike are suddenly both sexy!:hairraise: (And I am so not! :mad:)

I didn't clear cache but on two separate computers and two separate networks and two separate service providers, I have my own avatar, and nothing looks amiss. Both computers have been rebooted at some point during the day.
Doesn't have anything to do with the service providers, networks, or computers. It is pretty simple. VBulletin sends cache control headers and instructs your browser to cache the images. This is *all about the browser*. What browser are you using?

Doesn't have anything to do with the service providers, networks, or computers. It is pretty simple. VBulletin sends cache control headers and instructs your browser to cache the images. This is *all about the browser*. What browser are you using?

IE 7.0.5730.11
128-bit

This is freaking me out. I had no idea how much I relied on the avatars to know who was posting. I've read a couple of posts and thought, "Man, that doesn't sound like so-and-so."

Good call Missa! I stand corrected. For those who still don't see it in Internet Exploder, go to Tools -> Internet Options, and click on the Settings button under the Browser History section. Then set it check for a newer version of cached pages every time you load the page.

This is freaking me out. I had no idea how much I relied on the avatars to know who was posting. I've read a couple of posts and thought, "Man, that doesn't sound like so-and-so."
That kept messing with me, too.

Back