Who's All Building / Flying A Van's RV?

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
I'm building a RV-12, and I'm flying a RV-10 & RV-3.

Any other RV enthusiasts out there?

Does it count if we lust after one?

I'd love to have an RV10.

I've got well over 200hrs in the RV-7A that my dad and I built 4 years ago.

He's working on a -10 now, but I don't have the time to help as much as I would like. He's getting close, though. Should be flying sometime this summer I hope. We need to put the bottom skin on one of the wings and they will be ready to mount; top & doors are done; cowling is fitted; he's ready to order radios. Getting down to the 'work all day and not be able to see that you've done anything' type of stuff. I'm guessing we'll be heading south do to some transition training this spring sometime.

Edit: I should have asked -- do you make it over here to Boone for the annual 'RV Day'? I was out there last year helping to park planes. It's a good time if you can make it over.

Last edited:
I'm building a RV-12, and I'm flying a RV-10 & RV-3.

Any other RV enthusiasts out there?

I really like 'em, I'll just never have the spare time to build one...maybe a used RV-4 some day...

I have seen some really cool builder pages...I think I stumbled on them from the Van's site.

Trapper John

They've been lurking in the dark recesses of my imagination for a while now - awaking more often lately!

Edit: Any RV builders in the area, please advise!

After I posted the first line above, I sat and pondered "How best to feed this little dream?" More online research? Maybe - but I do enough online daydreaming as it is. How about finding someone who's currently building and tag along a little bit? Yeah, I know - "Join your local EAA" is the common recommendation. I need to look into that, but I seem to have this tendency to "slip in quietly, find the last seat in the back row, and then slip out quietly again" at things like that. A personal quirk I'm trying to change.

So, anyone near KBJC (NW Denver Metro area) building an RV and can stand an observer/helper/gofer/parts holder? or just want to show off what their build looks like?

Last edited:
i fly one every chance i can get. so far only chris has taken the bait

I want a 3 in the worst way. Probably resurrecting a neglected one is my only shot.

I fly the RV-6 I finished 8 years ago...

Wonderful airplane.

I'm planning on starting a -10 in a few months.
I've got some money saved up to start working on getting
my garage ready. HVAC and insulate better, better lighting, and add a few electrical circuits
with more outlets.

Then I'll order tools and Emp kit.

I built an RV-7A. First flight was last March, and I now have about 85 hours on it. It's powered by an Eggenfeller H6 Subaru.
My oldest son also built a 7A with a Mattituck 360, in fact he built his first (I stole a bunch of tools from him when I started :).

Back