Whoa...Now That's A TFR!

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Anyone else notice the TFR that covers 3/4 of North America? On my XM Weather this AM there is a military TFR covering the midwest from 3400 MSL to 18,000 MSL. :yikes:

Either we are going to war, or someone hit the wrong button?

TFR.JPG

Somone else fire up their XM weather and see what you have under TFR's.

Last edited:
Saw this yesterday on the XM. After checking Duats, it looks like an error in the reporting of the TFR for Grand Forks AFB on June 19. How can the FAA issue a TFR over part of Canada?

Saw this yesterday on the XM. After checking Duats, it looks like an error in the reporting of the TFR for Grand Forks AFB on June 19. How can the FAA issue a TFR over part of Canada?

:D You don't think a little thing like national sovereignty would stand in the way of the war effort, do you?

they are practicing. For when GA is forbidden.

It sure got us talking at the airport this morning. One of the locals is an FSDO Safety Inspector. I don't want to start any rumors, but he said there has been talk of broading the ability for more local jurisdictions to authorize TFR's.

I don't want to start any rumors, but he said there has been talk of broading the ability for more local jurisdictions to authorize TFR's.

Oh boy, just what we need. Well, I won't get riled up about this until some solid news comes out, but I can just East Bumscrew PD issuing TFRs every time Aunt Millie's cat gets stuck in a tree....:frown2:

It sure got us talking at the airport this morning. One of the locals is an FSDO Safety Inspector. I don't want to start any rumors, but he said there has been talk of broading the ability for more local jurisdictions to authorize TFR's.

Oh boy, just what we need. Well, I won't get riled up about this until some solid news comes out, but I can just East Bumscrew PD issuing TFRs every time Aunt Millie's cat gets stuck in a tree....:frown2:

That's just what Duh Mare always wanted. Now that his boy is in.... :rolleyes:

He'll order a permanent TFR over anything in Illinois north of Champaign.

Back