Who would want to go to Gaston's...

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
... if these guys are any indication of the fun level? ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

:rofl:

Attachments

• 74.jpg
    74.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 318
  • 453.jpg
    453.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 310
I thought that was a good Kodak moment of Pete, Tony and the waitress, so I shot the photo. The waitress did look pretty good, I was happy!

I wish I could remember the circumstances behind that picture. Its a good one though. And what was that waitresses name? It was something odd...I bet she would like a Baron ride this year...

I wish I could remember the circumstances behind that picture. Its a good one though. And what was that waitresses name? It was something odd...I bet she would like a Baron ride this year...
Yeah. It was Cricket or something like that....

Maybe I'm showing my age, but the second picture looks good to me. Snoozing IS partying!

John

When I invite people to join us at Gaston's, I'll be sure to tell them that people will take unflattering photos of them to post on the internet. :rolleyes:

Kinna like taking a pic of Superman changing back into Clark Kent to me <g>. BTW, where does Kent change into Superman now? Pretty hard to find a phone booth.

Best,

Dave

Not just finding a phone booth. I think it would be harder for Kent to get into one, much less getting out of it :)

Kinna like taking a pic of Superman changing back into Clark Kent to me <g>. BTW, where does Kent change into Superman now? Pretty hard to find a phone booth.

I thought he used revolving doors these days? I remember that being addressed in one of the Superman movies a few years back, when phone booths had gone by the wayside in favor of the phones just sitting out in the open, so your phone call would have no privacy and you'll get wet if it's raining. :)

Come to think of it, though, pay phones in general are becoming fairly rare. I don't see nearly as many as I used to.

And Diana, you should know that one of the reasons the internet was invented was so people could easily distribute unflattering pictures of their friends. ;)

And Diana, you should know that one of the reasons the internet was invented was so people could easily distribute unflattering pictures of their friends. ;)
Yea, well, that's why I'm trying to spend less time on the internet and here in particular. My version of fun doesn't include having fun at someone else's expense.

I thought he used revolving doors these days? I remember that being addressed in one of the Superman movies a few years back, when phone booths had gone by the wayside in favor of the phones just sitting out in the open, so your phone call would have no privacy and you'll get wet if it's raining. :)

Come to think of it, though, pay phones in general are becoming fairly rare. I don't see nearly as many as I used to.

I wondered why he simply didn't use the men's room in the lobby of the building with the revolving door- but I guess it wouldn't show his super powers.

Well, had there been an 'mergency at the inauguration, maybe a portajohn would have done <g>. Quite a step down for our hero, though!

Best,

Dave

When I invite people to join us at Gaston's, I'll be sure to tell them that people will take unflattering photos of them to post on the internet. :rolleyes:

Being long of tooth has few advantages. A slight benefit, however, is that you come to grips with the reality that there's no such thing as a flattering picture. A toad by any other name is still a toad.

Here is a really horrible picture of me that I posted in the Gaston's thread on the Purple Board...I think Grant may have taken this picture last year. I was tired, hot, my makeup had melted, my wrinkles were showing, and my undergarments were soggy...DAMN! It's hot down there sometimes...

I think that picture of Tony and Pete may have been taken after a long night of drinking Grant's margaritas...

Here's the thing...we have SO MUCH FUN that we just wear ourselves slick...

Attachments

• Kim at Gastons.JPG
    Kim at Gastons.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 61
I think that picture of Tony and Pete may have been taken after a long night of drinking Grant's margaritas...

not impossible. I kinda like that picture, it really captures the mood. None of us really wanted to leave, and the weather was proving to be a challenge anyway. and we were all tired, but having fun.

Here is a really horrible picture of me that I posted in the Gaston's thread on the Purple Board...I think Grant may have taken this picture last year. I was tired, hot, my makeup had melted, my wrinkles were showing, and my undergarments were soggy...DAMN! It's hot down there sometimes...

Here's the thing...we have SO MUCH FUN that we just wear ourselves slick...

But that picture captures so much of the essence of the Gaston's PoA fly-in!

on that note what ever happened to the photos taken during the Dam Excursion???

Diana,

FWIW, I found those pics on the Gaston's fly-in web site... And I thought unflattering photos were only disallowed if they were of the womenfolk. ;)

Gaston's PoA fly-in?? Wow. I didn't know it had such an official name...:confused:

Well, what can I say. :smilewinkgrin: I believe it's the Gaston's Fly-in that some PoA people go to, plus a LOT of other people from all over as well. An eclectic fly-in. ;)

Gaston's PoA fly-in?? Wow. I didn't know it had such an official name...:confused:

It has no official name, unless and until we re-name it, in which event it would be the Queen Diana's Most Excellent Hot Chicks and Airplanes Extravaganza

The Gaston's Fly-In sub-forum at PoA provides a convenient focal point for discussions (especially as it gets close, and logistics coordination, room sharing and swapping, food arrangements, rides, etc. become paramount), but it is the Gaston's Fly-In, and it has Blue, Purple, and yes, even Red elements. And remember, its started out mustard yellow!

Well, what can I say. :smilewinkgrin: I believe it's the Gaston's Fly-in that some PoA people go to, plus a LOT of other people from all over as well. An eclectic fly-in. ;)

When you consider that virtually all of the first year's attendees were PoA members and that AFaIK they all learned about the fly-in via PoA I see no problem calling it a PoA function (assuming this doesn't encumber PoA legally in any way). And IMO saying it's related to PoA doesn't imply that PoA membership is required. Heck, the EAA doesn't require membership to attend AirVenture or Sun n Fun but those are clearly EAA functions.

When you consider that virtually all of the first year's attendees were PoA members and that AFaIK they all learned about the fly-in via PoA I see no problem calling it a PoA function (assuming this doesn't encumber PoA legally in any way). And IMO saying it's related to PoA doesn't imply that PoA membership is required. Heck, the EAA doesn't require membership to attend AirVenture or Sun n Fun but those are clearly EAA functions.
Hmmmm... If PoA is going to be a recognized charitable organization devoted to increasing the safety of aviation, then Gaston's would be a recruiting event, and costs related to attending to increase PoA membership amongst all the non-PoA atendees would be tax-deductible, right! :rofl::rofl:

It has no official name, unless and until we re-name it, in which event it would be the Queen Diana's Most Excellent Hot Chicks and Airplanes Extravaganza
Spike, you crack me up. :D Actually, I'm trying to be less involved every year. :yes:

The Gaston's Fly-In sub-forum at PoA provides a convenient focal point for discussions (especially as it gets close, and logistics coordination, room sharing and swapping, food arrangements, rides, etc. become paramount), but it is the Gaston's Fly-In, and it has Blue, Purple, and yes, even Red elements. And remember, its started out mustard yellow!
You have a very good point. It was initially a small gathering of AOPA forum members back when it was the yellow board.

Spike, you crack me up. :D Actually, I'm trying to be less involved every year. :yes:

Good luck with that! :no:

You have a very good point. It was initially a small gathering of AOPA forum members back when it was the yellow board.

Of course I have a good point- it's mine, isn't it? :smilewinkgrin:

Reading all about on the yaller made me not want to miss it... and that's why I have, well, not missed it.

I hate to say this, but I actually liked the smaller gathering of folks I had seen post or felt I knew a bit about. Once folks started touting this on other boards and trying to increase it's size, IMO it wasn't quite as alluring to me. I'm not trying to see it sized down, just think a lot is lost when we tout it like some mini Sun-n-fun fly in. I don't go to that because it's big and there are a lot of folks there that I don't have a lot in common with. I think some of us liked the more intimate get-together with folks we had shared things with on the board. Not saying friends shouldn't be invited or someone you know would fit in; just didn't like the public touting to folks we don't know.

Best,

Dave

I hate to say this, but I actually liked the smaller gathering of folks I had seen post or felt I knew a bit about.

Dave, I tend to agree with you. Having not been to Gaston's I can't comment on it specifically, but one of the things that I loved so much about 6Y9 was the fact that it was a more intimite gathering of people who I considered to be friends. I prefer these sorts of gatherings - things get lost when gatherings get too big.

I'm still looking forward to coming and can't wait to see all of you, though! :yes:

Back