Who wants one? (eVTOL)

Throw a BRS Chute on it... what could go wrong

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Not a chance. If they fly anything like the little ones, the failure mode is "drop straight down like a rock".

Under the current regulations, rotorcraft helicopter, unless you could get an exemption to substitute something else.
The specs I've seen previously fit part 103.

Last edited:
The weaving between the obstacles was making me nervous watching it. One of those props hits a twig and you're probably turning into a freefalling rock. I wouldn't think skimming treetops would be an advisable use to be promoting.

Well ... perhaps it is designed for a bit of tree trimming.

Not a chance. If they fly anything like the little ones, the failure mode is "drop straight down like a rock".
That’s not always true… sometimes it’s “slide” downwards at a 20° angle into the ground at enough speed to throw the battery 20 feet. Been there done that with a Phantom 4 Pro.

Good concept, but it needs a 100 mph cruise speed, and 300 mile range to be of much use. The pilot seemed to be lacking in fundamental skills, I would feel better with another 200' of altitude personally.

Man, if one of those blades lets go the pilot is getting Ginsued. I’ve build homemade RC quadcopters before. When you lose one motor/prop…it isn’t pretty what comes next.

Good concept, but it needs a 100 mph cruise speed, and 300 mile range to be of much use. The pilot seemed to be lacking in fundamental skills, I would feel better with another 200' of altitude personally.
What does more altitude buy you in craft like this? Time for your parachute to open?

Ha, I was thinking i'd feel better with <5 feet of altitude, no obstructions near by and more cushions on the roll cage. Throw in some pontoons and water, maybe.

I wonder why they kept splicing the landing? Might have been for effect, but I found it to be a bad effect, so I'm wondering if there was another reason.

I'm not sure how that guy fit his balls into the cabin. He's not lacking there. Hitting a tree branch with that thing could very well be a death sentence.

And one last comment. Considering the consequences of running out of power, I think I'd have a giant power gauge of some sort very easy to see. I couldn't see much of any instrumentation of any kind.

Website says it will still be OK with the loss of one rotor.

Man, if one of those blades lets go the pilot is getting Ginsued. I’ve build homemade RC quadcopters before. When you lose one motor/prop…it isn’t pretty what comes next.
And if the blades don't let go, someone's going to get Ginsued anyway. Imagine the liability with eight carbon fiber props spinning with no blade guards at all. Of course you can add them... for even less useful load...

At least they got their pool cleaned up.

Back