Who remembers this?

I remember it well.The redsox prepared me for all the disappointments in life.Poor buckner,he received many death threats.

Unrelated, except it's major league baseball. My daughter is working with the NY Yankees to schedule my wife's uncle Roland to throw out the first ball in a home game sometime this season.

Uncle Roland is the last surviving pitcher who threw against Babe Ruth. Roland Stiles was inducted into the Hall of Fame last year.

rcaligan said:
Game 6, 1986 World Series, Bottom of the 10th, Sox are up 5-3, Mets are at bat...

I did not look at the videos. I watched it live and the images have never left my mind. I am not sure I could work today if I watched that again.

Are you a New Yorker or something?

Was that the same series where a skydiver dropped in during a game? If I remember, the pilot never got caught.

I can watch that video a million times and NEVER get tired of it.

deafsound said:
You a New Yorker too?

Nope. The other moment I could watch over and over and over and over is Luis Gonzales in 2001. I hate the Stankees and the Red Sux equally.

supercub185 said:
I remember it well.The redsox prepared me for all the disappointments in life.Poor buckner,he received many death threats.

My best friend was a sports writer at the time and I would carry his equipment for him in exchange for a press pass. We went to a ball game the year after that happened and he was interviewing Bill Buckner and just kept hammering him on that little event asking question about reliving the event each time he went to catch a grounder, or if it was a sign of impending retirment, etc. Bill really kept his cool and took it.

Back