Who owns your data?

I have not looked too deeply for confirmation, but I think this was a situation where the Supremes didn't really want to waste their time and said, "If you don't like it, change the law." So Congress did.

Keep voting. They’ll certainly get better at writing this law stuff eventually. They’re only made up of 80% lawyers — mostly the ones who realized they couldn’t make a living working in law. LOL.

I don’t get the concept of “owning” data to begin with. You have a certain amount of control over it, or not. But I’m not all in about the concept of owning property either.
Do you understand intellectual property?
I can understand when you place your pictures etc. on open forums you are giving the ownership away. but on a storage space I don't see how they own it with out your permission/compensation.

Zuck, Zuck owns my data, oh and the googles, they own it too, and they are all peckerheads.

I can understand when you place your pictures etc. on open forums you are giving the ownership away. but on a storage space I don't see how they own it with out your permission/compensation.

The us government doesn't care, and if what they are doing is against the law they change the law, because the fat masses won't do jack as long as you give them a excuse not to and if the media tells them it's ok and they still can get their Big Macs.

The us government doesn't care, and if what they are doing is against the law they change the law, because the fat masses won't do jack as long as you give them a excuse not to and if the media tells them it's ok and they still can get their Big Macs.
that's simply why I just bought a 2 Tg hard drive back up. I did not like iCloud extorting me. or the iMac saying you must.

I don't think we are talking about intellectual property in this thread. When talking about "data" in this context, it means information that has been collected about you by one entity being sold to another entity. Of course this has been done for years, but it's much more widespread with the new technology.

I don't think we are talking about intellectual property in this thread. When talking about "data" in this context, it means information that has been collected about you by one entity being sold to another entity. Of course this has been done for years, but it's much more widespread with the new technology.
Any of the pictures you take, and the data you collect and put on storage like iCloud is your intellectual property.
I don't wish it to be shared to any others with out my permission. placing it on FB and AOPA. POA his giving it away. as far as I am concerned.
I'm no internet expert, but that's how I feel about it, so that's how I deal with it.

Any of the pictures you take, and the data you collect and put on storage like iCloud is your intellectual property.
I don't wish it to be shared to any others with out my permission. placing it on FB and AOPA. POA his giving it away. as far as I am concerned.
I'm no internet expert, but that's how I feel about it, so that's how I deal with it.

It’s technically not correct but you did agree to give FB a license to use it. It’s in their TOS. No clue what’s in AOPA’s TOS.

Copyright is still yours on any of your own works you post. Most people don’t care and don’t defend theirs. But you can issue DMCA takedown notices for anything anyone copies and re-posts for the most part.

Exceptions to the people who don’t defend copyright often. include pro photographers who often watermark public works and lower their image quality, while asking folks not to copy without permission, and offering higher res versions upon private request and/or payment for same.

How ever corporate America wants the court to rule will be the ruling.

Back