Who is "real"?

Harley,

I gotta know, is that "Carousel" in the pictures that you posted? You would be the one with the gun then, that's the mill owner right?
Best line in any musical ever: "Can getting [hit] feel like a kiss?" :rolleyes:
My wife was "dancing woman #3" once during summer theater. I went to see it because she was in it.
--Matt

On the board I'm a golden retriever. In real life I'm an enigma.

Actually, in real life I'm everything I've said I do or have done. There is nothing fake about the Dart ya'll been reading for ten years. IRL I am much more polite and reserved until I know someone, but I've been know to (ahem) lose my temper once or twice.

I'm a regulatory consultant and an advocate for my clients so my "must win against the government" persona comes in to play professionally. But Being "right" and/or "winning" costs time, money, and political capital so I've also learned to lose some to win later. Should'a been a lawyer!

All my core values are real but IRL I don't get into big arguments over politics, sex, or religion. Not unless someone insists, and even then, I just don't care whether you agree with me or not.

So if you meet me in real life you may be surprised at how nice I really am! :yes:

How could I be anyone but myself, with this background??

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds—pretty standard really."

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential....

...pretty standard really."

Please, leave out the whole shearing thing. :D

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds—pretty standard really."
Elizabeth, give credit to the author, you are well read....(or at least well movied....)

Haha. This is a cool thread. I don't know what I'm like in real life or online. That is to say, I don't know what people think of me. I'm often surprised at what people think I am like, but when they explain why they think that, I can see what they are saying. I think I am clueless.

But I can play the cello and fly an airplane (sometimes in clouds).

XD

Well, you had me sold right up to one point... everyone knows Victor Borge invented the question mark! :rolleyes:

:goofy:

Many times I'll have typed out a reply to a comment, then re-read it and think, "no, that's kind of stupid" and erase it.

Some of my best decisions have been to not post a message or email, just think on it a while....then erase it!

sorry bout the rest of them!! Oh well, we're having fun here! :D

Elizabeth, give credit to the author, you are well read....(or at least well movied....)

Movies. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery. A quote by Dr. Evil.

Never seen the film, but thanks to Google found the quote. Also learned that one should be more careful about which distinctive phrase one pulls out of Liz' quote in the attempt to find the answer to who wrote/said it (I had picked "French prostitute named Chloe"). Bad time to have the wife walk in on you... Liz, I had some 'splainin' to do! Of course, we thought, when I read the quote, that it sounded like something Kipling would have wrote (written?).

Yeah it is a great quote!
Summer in Rangoon I'm sure are nice :)

Ken shhhwt

Of course shwink Victor Borge invented the question mark ffft But the question then becomes shhhwt "can you type like that" splink

Matt

-->In real life shhhwt it would have taken me three hours "three" come up with that ffft

Movies. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery. A quote by Dr. Evil.

Never seen the film, but thanks to Google found the quote. Also learned that one should be more careful about which distinctive phrase one pulls out of Liz' quote in the attempt to find the answer to who wrote/said it (I had picked "French prostitute named Chloe"). Bad time to have the wife walk in on you... Liz, I had some 'splainin' to do! Of course, we thought, when I read the quote, that it sounded like something Kipling would have wrote (written?).
Okay, as a good scientist, I had to test this. Mos all of the hits had to do with Ausitn Powers. Is there more to the story, Troy?

Yes, it was Austin Powers. Kudos to Spike for picking that up immediately - including the part I left out...

Has anyone seen the movie "Being There" with Peter Sellers? An interesting perspective on how we see other people. My all-time favorite movie.

So pilots, 'fess up now, who is a lion online and a mouse in person, who is a mouse online and a lion in real life, who is "the same"?

I think I'm pretty much the same .. kind of a sarcastic smartass.

;-)

Has anyone seen the movie "Being There" with Peter Sellers? An interesting perspective on how we see other people. My all-time favorite movie.

That's one of my absolute favorite non-aviation movies.
The funny thing is, it probably could happen too...;)

I am a poser.

I care nothing about aviation, don't fly, and hate everyone.

I have all of you fooled!!! Muuuaaaaahhhhhhhhh

I have met a few nice folks from here. I would like to believe I as real on here as I am in my daily life. Attached is my "proof" picture. Just me and the lads before a bar gig a few years back.

Attachments

• melads.jpg
    melads.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 23
Hmmmm...... Am I real? Do I think? Therefore I fly?

I guess it depends which of me you meet on any given day..(being a Gemini)

Met with Mari for lunch the other day, while home in CO. No- she does NOT have pointy ears....

I'll let her decide whether I am real or not.

I'll let her decide whether I am real or not.
Well... Ric is real, but he hasn't posted enough for me to judge whether or not he matches his on-line persona. So get that post count up, Ric! :)

I hate to say it but I'm funnier, smarter but not as good looking in person.

Len

P.S. I spell better too.

Back