Who is Andy McKee??

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Last edited:
I don't think anything less than a video of his performance could do him justice. Much of the entertainment is how he manipulates a single instrument for a multitude of sounds. Otherwise, it sounds like a couple guitars and acoustics. He's truly a great artist.

I don't think anything less than a video of his performance could do him justice. Much of the entertainment is how he manipulates a single instrument for a multitude of sounds. Otherwise, it sounds like a couple guitars and acoustics. He's truly a great artist.

I agree. There are only a few artists that can make a guitar (or any other instrument) sound like TWO people are playing at once.

My wife and I had the pleasure of experiencing that in person, in Port Townsend, WA, when we were eating dinner at a little seafood place and Joe Euro was playing, live, on the stage. We bought his CD before we left... he was amazing.

Last edited:
I agree. There are only a few artists that can make a guitar (or any other instrument) sound like TWO people are playing at once.
Here's John Doan playing the equivalent of three guitars at once -- an 1830 Fernando Sor harpolyre. It's believed to be the only one in existence still being performed publicly. This was recorded yesterday morning in our living room: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UAf_5nn9zNI .

A few months ago I heard Doug Smith, national fingerpicking champion, playing Stars And Stripes Forever. You could hear every instrument of the marching band in his guitar. Amazing.

Here's John Doan playing the equivalent of three guitars at once -- an 1830 Fernando Sor harpolyre. It's believed to be the only one in existence still being performed publicly. This was recorded yesterday morning in our living room: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UAf_5nn9zNI .

Wow, what a treat to experience that... right in your own home!! Does he fly, too?

Back