Who has a C210 in DFW?

JCranford

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
JCranford
i need to crawl around in one. And maybe talk you into a ride.

:D

Help a brother out!

I have a couple of airport mafiosi with 210s, one of which has been to every continent on the planet. Bet I can get you fixed up. Where in town are you? I'm talkin' Addison.

I'm up north in Little Elm (Frisco west), but I can get to Addison pretty easy

Lol'd at Frisco West... Now an accurate description of Little Elm.

You might want to be a little more specific on what type of 210 you're looking for. They varied quite a bit from the beginning of production to the end.

Just a suggestion so you're comparing similar airplanes.

Good point although I may not be far enough into the research to know the difference. The end of the production range is not in my money production range. I think probably late 60's to early 70's is my spot. Seems the early 70's were pretty good.

Exactly. Remove them and the problem goes away. Don't know which models of 210 are eligible for the door removal.

I don't either but I haven't seen many with doors still on them in a long time. One that I did, the owner was nearly insane in making sure every little component of that gear system was perfect every year. He wanted his doors.

Vanbortel , isn't that their name? Aren't they right near you? big Cessna dealer, you can go there and crawl all over one.

Yeah, thought about that, but they don't usually have anything I can afford. I'd be looking at oranges and buying apples

So if I can't drop $250,000 on a plane I'm not financially ready, is that how it works Jimmy? Guess I'm not financially ready then. Pretty big assumption on your part there.

my buddy bought a '67 201. It's a great plane and has a good panel. Not quite as fast as my mooney, but hauls a lot more. lol. He's made a couple of comments. He wishes he would have gotten a little later model. The 3rd row seats in his plane are just "jump" seats for little kids. The full fuel useful load also gets a little higher with newer models. It's still a great plane and can carry fourish adults with a little luggage and full fuel. There were also running changes with the gear mechanisms. I believe he said the mid 70's models had the last changes. The gear saddles are expensive and need to be checked for cracks.

Rats. I've got a 182RG here in the area and one time the controller called me a Centurion. That's probably not the same.

I don't either but I haven't seen many with doors still on them in a long time. One that I did, the owner was nearly insane in making sure every little component of that gear system was perfect every year. He wanted his doors.

As a high time 210 pilot I too prefer the doors. The first 210 I flew without great doors was a 1978 model. In a high speed decent I could feel the rumble & turbulence from the open wheel & gear wells. This my perspective from a pilot's standpoint. If I owned the plane the doors would come off. I think it would easier on my wallet.

Rats. I've got a 182RG here in the area and one time the controller called me a Centurion. That's probably not the same.

Not quite the same, but I'd take a look at your RG too if you're in the mood to show it off!

If the doors are in good shape, no sloppy worn out hinges, tight then I'd leave them on. Sure a door cylinder might leak once in a while but that's what a 40 year old o-ring does...

The biggest troublemakers are 40 year old wirings, dirty sticky switches, and of course mechanics that aren't 210 gear savvy.

Back