Who Do We Like For Small Business Hosting?

JoseCuervo

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
JoseCuervo
I am thinking I will need to move my site from my current host as they have gone a different direction than web hosting, and I believe I might be the only customer they have. Their venture capital guys have given them $millions to move toward a different business.

I am not sure how big the site is, and, I can pull the Analytics info if that would tell me anything.

I have the domain name, the site, and, somehow, the host managed our email thru Gmail.

Obviously I want to migrate with little interruption.

And, if it matters, it is written in Joomla.

I think I have been paying $200 per year and we have about 10 email addresses.

So, any suggestions on where I should move the site?

We migrated to GoDaddy years ago, and have been very happy with them.

Their 24/7, all-American tech support is GREAT. If you ever have a problem, you can call them any time.

I am a huge fan of aspnix.com
unlimited email, domains, etc for $7.99 / month

I have 5 domains under one account now and that is all I pay.

I use Sitelutions.COM. They're local to me.

I use LiquidWeb.com, love their customer service and uptime.

Don't ask me. I spend way too much for a full rack in a class 3 datacenter, SAN backend, etc. I don't like downtime...

For cloud VPS, I've been very happy with hostforweb.com. But I've never bought shared hosting from them, so I can't vouch for that.

Rich

Thanks for all the suggestions, I now have some phone calls to make and figure out what way I need to go.

We migrated to GoDaddy years ago, and have been very happy with them.

Their 24/7, all-American tech support is GREAT. If you ever have a problem, you can call them any time.

I hate dealing with GoDaddy. Have moved multiple tech clients off them after repeated hassles. I've had the best luck with powweb.com and ipower.com which are now owned by the same. Unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth, competent tech support.

I have shared hosting with hostforweb (after saying good riddance to GoDaddy). All told, I liked my first hosting company the best - but after a buy-out or two, they pretty much went TU. :-(

Back