Who do I need to talk to

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
I have a problem that I was told started with a keypunch error by my AME. I'm a student. Lastnight, my CFI and I were registering me in IACRA. My checkride is scheduled for next week.

I couldn't complete the IACRA registration because it was rejecting my Medical certificate number.

This morning, I called the Airman Registry and they read back to me what they had and it was a hodgepodge of my SSN. The gave me the telephone number to Aeromedical.

When I got them on the phone I asked the guy to change it while I waited on hold. He came back after a few minutes and told me that it was updated with my medical certificate number.

I called Airman Registry back and the guy said that they pull from the same database and he should have the update but doesn't...that it might take 48hours to 4 weeks:hairraise:.

Who do I need to speak with that can potentially speed up the process. My school is waiting on me to complete the IACRA so they can do what they need and forward to the DPE.

What can I do?

I have a problem that I was told started with a keypunch error by my AME. I'm a student. Lastnight, my CFI and I were registering me in IACRA. My checkride is scheduled for next week.

I couldn't complete the IACRA registration because it was rejecting my Medical certificate number.

This morning, I called the Airman Registry and they read back to me what they had and it was a hodgepodge of my SSN. The gave me the telephone number to Aeromedical.

When I got them on the phone I asked the guy to change it while I waited on hold. He came back after a few minutes and told me that it was updated with my medical certificate number.

I called Airman Registry back and the guy said that they pull from the same database and he should have the update but doesn't...that it might take 48hours to 4 weeks:hairraise:.

Who do I need to speak with that can potentially speed up the process. My school is waiting on me to complete the IACRA so they can do what they need and forward to the DPE.

What can I do?

You are not required to use IACRA. My suggestion is to have the DPE process your application (8710-1) http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/form/faa8710-1.pdf

Some DPE's will balk at doing it manually because IACRA is easier for them, but they all have the ability to do the paper form.

Discuss the situation with your school and DPE and come up with a mutually agreeable solution.

Best of luck on your checkride.:thumbsup:

What is IACRA for? I didn't use it to get my PP-SEL.

Integrated Airmen Certification and/or Rating Application
https://iacra.faa.gov/iacra/

IACRA is the web-based certification/rating application that guides the user through the FAA's airman application process. IACRA helps ensure applicants meet regulatory and policy requirements through the use of extensive data validation. It also uses digital signatures to protect the information's integrity, eliminates paper forms, and prints temporary certificates.

I will call the Chief CFI and see what he says.

Or go and do another medical with a DIFFERENT AME and who will GET IT RIGHT.
Your Old AME could have fixed this with a email within 3 days of issuance. Sigh.

You are not required to use IACRA. My suggestion is to have the DPE process your application (8710-1) http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/form/faa8710-1.pdf

Some DPE's will balk at doing it manually because IACRA is easier for them, but they all have the ability to do the paper form.

Discuss the situation with your school and DPE and come up with a mutually agreeable solution.

This is one of the things that kills me about airmen certification - IACRA has been around for how long??? Definitely over 5 years.

And you will still find FAA ASIs and DPEs that either never learned how to use IACRA and will therefore refuse to use it and then there are the guys who learned it and refuse to do business without it.

This is one of the things that kills me about airmen certification - IACRA has been around for how long??? Definitely over 5 years.

And you will still find FAA ASIs and DPEs that either never learned how to use IACRA and will therefore refuse to use it and then there are the guys who learned it and refuse to do business without it.

My ASI was happy we took the checkride at my airport - he couldn't get onto IACRA from his FAA system at the FSDO, but could from our pilot lounge.

In this particular case, I don't know how the OP could have caught the error - it's not like his SSN is on his certificate, and it sounds like THAT's what got screwed up by the AME.

I called the AME. They pulled up their copy of the paper records that was submitted to the FAA. According to them, the FAA made the clerical error as they didnt' go paperless until sometime after my medical was done. While we were on the telephone she also identified another computer entry error that I would not have known about (the system says I am a rated pilot).

She called the FAA and they told her that the fixes will be effective COB today and that it was better that they call rather than myself.

So, I should be able to login to IACRA tonight and complete my application (fingers crossed).

Thanks all.

IACRA has been around for how long??? Definitely over 5 years.

I don't think so... I took my Instrument ride 5 years and about a week ago, and I'm almost certain it didn't exist then, and I hadn't even heard of it at the time.

When I took my Comm-ASEL ride about 2.6 years ago, I used an 8710 but I know IACRA existed by then. When I took my Comm-AMEL ride about 2.5 years ago, I used IACRA for the first time.

I don't think so... I took my Instrument ride 5 years and about a week ago, and I'm almost certain it didn't exist then, and I hadn't even heard of it at the time.
You may not have heard about it at the time, but it was indeed most definitely in use.

My PP checkride was exactly 5 years ago and it was done through IACRA.

The only time I haven't used IACRA was when I added the B-25 SIC type and that was because the FSDO guy who was singing me off hated it.

You may not have heard about it at the time, but it was indeed most definitely in use.

My PP checkride was exactly 5 years ago and it was done through IACRA.

The only time I haven't used IACRA was when I added the B-25 SIC type and that was because the FSDO guy who was singing me off hated it.

Certain items are difficult to do in IACRA. I haven't done any SIC Types on it, but I do know doing MilComp in IACRA is a PITA.

UPDATE:
IACRA still is using the wrong number, but at least something is working now.

I called Medical and they verified that my correct Student Pilot (medical) Certificate number is now in the system.

Airmen Registry still shows the incorrect number and the guy I talked with had no idea when it would be updated or if they can manually do it (I will call back later to get a different guy).

I was told that it will be a moot point when I get my Private Certificate because a new certificate number will be generated anyhow. I was told that I have 2 options:
1- Use the wrong number that is passing IACRA validation
2- Fill out a paper 8710

I left a voicemail for the Chief CFI and expect to hear back from him later today to find out what he recommends (some may recall that I'm Part 141, so the school may have other requirements behind the scenes that I'm unaware of- I do know that my CFI had to enter information about my Cessna Pilot Center multimedia training and cross check everything with the flight training syllabus and my logbook).

My CFI handled scheduling with the DPE. AFAIK, no mention to him of my IACRA challenges.

UPDATE:

Seems that database updating is not real-time, but eventually it does take place. I was able to update my IACRA this morning.

FWIW- DUAT and DUATS is still using the old information (sigh).

Now, let this thread go into obscurity so someone can find it with a search if they have similar issues. Peace out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back