"Who Called Rotate!?!? We're Still at the Gate!!!"

K

KennyFlys

Ya think the flight crew was caught off guard by this one? :rofl:

According to Avweb, it was caught on the passenger bridge when it lifted while still placed against the airframe. They lifted rather than pulled back. Oops!

That's what happens when they board by row numbers and there's no first class...

Only in America ;)

Well, I can't tell the background language, but it's not English. I suppose it still could be central, or south America, but I doubt it's the US. I was thinking Spain, or Italy, maybe Portugal.

Well, I can't tell the background language, but it's not English. I suppose it still could be central, or south America, but I doubt it's the US. I was thinking Spain, or Italy, maybe Portugal.

Ding, ding, ding, ding.....

A Sterling Boeing 737 ended up in an unnatural position (for a 737) at the airport in Malaga, Spain on Saturaday after a strange encounter with the airport bridge. For some reason, the bridge went up and caught the aircraft under its open door. Early reports didn't have a damage estimate.

A tidbit more info and video on the occurence...

From PointNiner.com:

In an age where everyone has a cell phone, and every cell phone has a camera, it makes it harder and harder to keep incidents like this one under wraps. A Sterling Airlines Boeing 737-800 got tipped back on its tail after the jet bridge it was mated to experienced a vertical drive anomaly. The incident took place on July 20 at the Malaga Airport in Spain during passenger deplanement. An emergency stop system was activated on the jet bridge, but it continued to move upwards catching the door and side of the 737 and giving it just enough of a nudge to push her back on her tail. The remaining passengers left the plane through a rear exit door. You can see in the videos that every ramp worker at the airport shows up with their cameras. Keeping these images off the Internet seem a little more daunting than those infamous ASA pics from earlier in the week. There was a third video, but I can't seem to find it now.

It's the bush-outback version of the 737!

It's the bush-outback version of the 737!

Would this be the first twin-jet tail dragger (ignoring the photos of the 747 and Learjet that have done the same thing thanks to loading with no tail stand).
0907988.jpg

Back