White Lightning

Discussion in 'Home Builders and Sport Pilots' started by Flyvulcan, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Bill Schein

Bill Schein Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    25WL
    Hi Stan, I just stumbled across this forum and your post. I tracked down N25WL with Dave’s help after seeing N102WL in its hangar and wanting one like it. I had hoped Steven Bunch could get it back to airworthiness, but he was too busy. It is now in Ron Ecord’s shop in Del Norte waiting for him to find time to work on it. Do you know anyone else I might approach who is less busy? I’m sorry I don’t have a lead on a nose gear trunnion.

2. Flyvulcan

Flyvulcan Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    Flyvulcan
    Hi Bill, it's nice to see you on the forum. Hopefully, as you go through the restoration and subsequent flying of N25WL, you will be able to post some information about your aircraft.

For those interested, I am making progress on introducing the White Lightning inspired modern kit. The design process is well underway with a full CFD (aerodynamic) analysis about to be conducted. As I alluded to in a previous post in this thread, the new aircraft will have a different structure, a different airfoil to ensure benign stall characteristics but with the same low drag characteristics, more headroom inside and a multitude of other improvements over the original White Lightning. And of course, as I mentioned previously, I intend to power it with a 200hp turboprop initially, then a 300hp turboprop when my company (www.turb.aero) has completed the development of that variant.

Rapture IV.PNG