Whisper X350 aircraft

DMD3.

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DMD3.
It seems that every time you turn around there’s a new kit aircraft manufacturer on the market. Just came across this on Dan Johnso’s website. Another competitor to the RV. Does anyone know anything about this aircraft?

Here’s the artical on Dan’s website

It says it’s priced “between” an RV 7 & RV 14, but claim about half the build time.

No option for BRS that I see. Just don't understand such an omission.

The website compares the Whisper x350 against lots of comparable aircraft, including the RV-7 and RV-14. The Whisper takes the lead in the comparison: price, build time, lead time, speed, range, safety, BRS, etc. They've been around for a few years, strange they are not more well known. There must be some drawbacks, otherwise we'd see these aircraft all over the place.

The website compares the Whisper x350 against lots of comparable aircraft, including the RV-7 and RV-14. The Whisper takes the lead in the comparison: price, build time, lead time, speed, range, safety, BRS, etc. They've been around for a few years, strange they are not more well known. There must be some drawbacks, otherwise we'd see these aircraft all over the place.

I wonder if these aircraft had come around decades ago at around the same time Vans began selling kits, if they’d be super popular today. At a time when experimental was far less expensive. Experimental today can still be more affordable than going certified, but the gap has diminished.

Another aircraft that I’ve posted about is the Revolution Tango.

180 kts & 1800 nm range on fixed-gear. I’ve seen them at Airventure.

I sat in one years ago at Oshkosh. The cabin was massive, something like 48-50” wide. Performance was great and price wasn’t bad. I couldn’t understand why there weren’t people drooling all over this plane. It was parked over by main entrance of OSH, where Pipestrel and Bristell normally are. So maybe it was overlooked by potential kit builders?

Back