Whiskey Romeo Zulu

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Anybody here seen the Latin film Whisky Romeo Zulu?

I caught it on Zoom World HDTV (DishTV) tonight; it's based in Argentina, in Spanish with English subtitles. Good film. Here's a little bit about it from a Latin Film website. I recommend catching it if you can. It's a re-telling of the events preceding the LAPA Airlines Boeing 737 crash on August 31, 1999 into midtown Buenos Aires that resulted in the deaths of 67 people. The film exposes the collusion between the Air Force and the airline to evade air safety controls and maximize profits.

http://www.robertaonthearts.com/id212.html said:
Whiskey, Romeo, Zulu: US Premiere, 2004, Enrique Piñeyro, Director. This was one of my favorite films in the series. Enrique Piñeyro is a courageous political activist, who actually used to be a pilot in Argentina and predicted a colossal plane accident, due to government oversights and a corruptive aviation system. Whiskey, Romeo, Zulu is his answer to being fired as a pilot, as it recounts the disastrous buildup to the Lapa plane crash of 1999. Piñeyro snuck his film crew (the details of which would deserve a second film) into Argentina to re-create this scenario, with pilots in the cockpits and in realistic, flight simulators. Piñeyro is the actor, who plays himself, the director, the writer, and the producer. Piñeyro has only appeared in a few films, and new and blossoming, post-aviation career. He is already working on a new film.

Shouldn't it be Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? :rolleyes:

Oh....maybe that's the Spanish version.

Back