Whirlwind C/S 3 blade pirep wanted

John Van Eendenburg

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
exercise
Hi Guys, New to this forum. Hoping for pireps from those who went from the legacy two blade to the new three blade Whirlwind constant speed prop.

Right now I have an old, 53 pound Hartzell on my Vans RV4 equipped with an IO-320. Mostly cross country flying with a bit of light acro. Currently looking to buy a used WW 2 blade but if the 3 blade is that much better, maybe I'll do that. Thanks!

Last edited:
Awesome, if you can afford them. However, I learned from building my own plane that prop performance can be airplane and mission specific.

The better question is, "has anyone flown with a specific whirlwind prop, in my specific airplane engine, with my specific mission mind? Then, what were the specific performance numbers?"

Look at Whirl Wind Aviation’s website and you’ll be able to figure out which you want. Mine is a 200A, so a very aggressive STOL prop. Not what you want (and not for sale) but you're on the right track. great company to work with and great props.

Yup. That is why I'm hoping for a pirep from a pilot that swapped out the constant speed two blade 200RV WW for the newer three blade constant speed. The company and magazine articles are kind of grey on the cruise performance between the two. "Top speed matches"...that's nice but no normal day to day cruise numbers between the two. I also imagine that some are moving to the new three blade and are selling their two blade which I'd be very interested in purchasing.

Back