Which states have no sales tax for aircraft repairs and parts?

NoHeat

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Can anybody list the states that have no sales tax on aircraft repairs and parts?

It's probably a frequently-changing list, but it would be nice to know what it is.

Kansas is on that list. Also if you don't by from a dealer/ broker their is no sales tax on airplanes here either. At least not on used ones.

Florida as of January 1, 2013 for planes greater the 2000 lbs I believe.

Doug

There are five states with no sales tax of any kind:
Alaska
Delaware
Montana
New Hampshire
Oregon

Mass had an exemption a couple of years ago, not sure if Deval Patrick ever managed to get it rescinded.

What's the reason for the question?

What's the reason for the question?

I'd ventrue a guess that the poster might be interested in saving a couple thousand bucks on an engine overhaul of sorts. I know of a guy that took his twin from outside philly up to NY that has or at least had an exemption so he could get his engines overhauled.

Almost all A&Ps I know gladly work for cash...so it's probably somewhere around 50 states.

:)

I'd ventrue a guess that the poster might be interested in saving a couple thousand bucks on an engine overhaul of sorts. I know of a guy that took his twin from outside philly up to NY that has or at least had an exemption so he could get his engines overhauled.

I know an engine rebuild shop, he does not do the remove and replace on the airframe. He just takes the engine, lists all the parts on the invoice, but the online line item with a dollar amount is labor.

Labor is not taxed.

And numerous states with exemptions for aircraft transactions.

There are five states with no sales tax of any kind:
Alaska
Delaware
Montana
New Hampshire
Oregon

Back