Which silicone grease?

Artimas

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Artimas
I want to get some silicone grease to lubricate various things in the plane, like the rubber seals on my gas caps.
What's the best thing to use for that?

Thanks.

DC4 is good stuff to have around.

I want to get some silicone grease to lubricate various things in the plane, like the rubber seals on my gas caps.
What's the best thing to use for that?

Thanks.

Greasing the seal's filler neck contact face just attracts dirt and it gets washed away by the fuel. Put the grease under the seal, against the cap so the cap will rotate on the seal instead of the seal rotating on the filler neck.

Greasing the seal's filler neck contact face just attracts dirt and it gets washed away by the fuel. Put the grease under the seal, against the cap so the cap will rotate on the seal instead of the seal rotating on the filler neck.

Now why didn't I think of that? :idea:

KY jelly. I used this when I replaced the ignition wires going through my shielded ignition ring on my Jacobs engine. The water based lubricant prevents damage and deteriation . Petroleum based lubricants cause the rubber to break down over time. Now..with that being said, imagine how I felt buying a couple big tubes of KY from the cute little cashier at our drug sore. “ This is for your airplane ...yeah..right !”

Cockpit use only.

Back