Which Side Is Up?

RussellJ

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
RussellJ
Found this during an annual on a Cessna 150. I asked the owner if it was flying okay and he said yes but he was having trouble getting a good flare on landing. o_O3E3806AE-C365-4D26-AA08-4CFDF54204C3.jpeg 1172185E-5DB0-44D8-A8D7-216B85E41E85.jpeg

Found this during an annual on a Cessna 150. I asked the owner if it was flying okay and he said yes but he was having trouble getting a good flare on landing. o_OView attachment 104314 View attachment 104315

Just curious. What would be the impact of this reversal? I am not a mechnic, but based on the image you posted, it looks to me like this would only affect the neutral position of the elevator and not the direction of the deflection.

Just curious. What would be the impact of this reversal? I am not a mechnic, but based on the image you posted, it looks to me like this would only affect the neutral position of the elevator and not the direction of the deflection.
The direction of travel doesn't change but the amount of travel does. In this situation Up elevator travel was reduced.

Last edited:

Since it effects the neutral position, you don't get full deflection one way or another, in this case, it looks like he's getting plenty of deflection nose down, but not enough nose up deflection, which would give you trouble getting a good flare.

They idiot proofed it. Only problem is they assumed idiots could read.

Back