Which pulse system for led

patrick wentworth

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Patrick
what systems do we have experience with?
Assume led, certified aircraft.
Desire wig wag and pulse.
Ease of install obviously a plus.

Christmas list desired by wife navigator and need to take advantage of the window of opportunity ......... :)

MaxPulse, no question. Approved, effective, very easy to install, and works perfectly with LEDs. I used Pulselite in a project about 10 years ago. MaxPulse is superior unless you're pushing 100w halogen lights. If you're using old technology lamps the Pulselite is a better choice.

http://www.maxpulsemaxdim.com

The only thing I don't like about MaxPulse is the cheap pressed paper placard that comes with it. I had my local trophy shop make me a placard in engraved phenolic. You can do the same in any color/style to compliment your own panel.
The controls are off/taxi/landing/both or A44-alternating pulse @ 44 beats per minute, B44- simultaneous pulse at 44 bpm, etc. The pulse is very crisp when used with LED lamps.

Attachments

• MaxPulse.jpg
    MaxPulse.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Whelen Parmetheus are PMA'd. AeroLED may have a model approved by now. I'm satisfied with the Whelens. Logbook entry providing your plane is on the AML.

Last edited:
I got the PulseLite from PreciseFlight for use with the LED cowl lights I have. I am very happy with it.

I've been driving a PAR36 LED (in the taxi light position) nonstop for six years with a Pulsar. No problems at all. Warning: The AvTek webpage is incredibly nasty and seems to only work with IE.

Back