Which Landing light?

simtech

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Simtech
ALPHABEAM or WHELEN PARMETHEUS?

Going in a Cherokee 180..I read a few times of the alphabeam wouldn't fit right without cowl modification..True??

I have it on good authority that you can use a tractor light bulb and it works just fine. Not that I would ever do such a thing.

Yep you can, I however would like a whiter light though. And one that last much longer. Plus..I like to spend money..well at least that's what my wife likes to tell me. haha

I put a Whelen Parmetheus Plus in mine. Very bright. I'm happy with it.

Check out AeroLeds. Saw them against the Whelen and Alphabeam at Oshkosh and they seemed to throw the light better. I think they won the latest Aviation Consumer test as well.
They're on sale at Spencer Aircraft right now for about the same price as the other brands.

Check out AeroLeds. Saw them against the Whelen and Alphabeam at Oshkosh and they seemed to throw the light better. I think they won the latest Aviation Consumer test as well.
They're on sale at Spencer Aircraft right now for about the same price as the other brands.
The price has kept me from the AeroLeds, but I was also impressed by the display at OSH. If the price on sale is similar, I'm interested. The par46 alphabeam is ridiculously priced compared to the 36.

Back