• Total voters

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
NOT hanging an American flag on a wall indoors

or

hanging an American flag on a wall indoors but not having a light on it overnight

also, 'airplane'. there, now it's aviation related. actually it already is since we're talking about hanging the flag in a hangar.

I don’t see a problem with either one. If the flag is flown outdoors it should have a light on it at night, but I’ve never heard of lighting a hanging flag in an unoccupied room or building.

Do not have a problem with not doing either. Not part of my decorating, or patriotic gestalt.

..If the flag is flown outdoors it should have a light on it at night, but I’ve never heard of lighting a hanging flag in an unoccupied room or building.

oh interesting, I was under the impression if the flag flies at night it needs a light but you're saying only if outdoors?

Keep it lit and fly it proudly!

789BB163-D954-4E87-87FF-53F40A71CBF2.gif

oh interesting, I was under the impression if the flag flies at night it needs a light but you're saying only if outdoors?
To clarify.... a flag on a flag pole is flown, and if it’s flown at night it needs to be illuminated. A flag hanging on a wall is being displayed, and doesn’t need to be.

My own understanding of things, at least.

To clarify.... a flag on a flag pole is flown, and if it’s flown at night it needs to be illuminated. A flag hanging on a wall is being displayed, and doesn’t need to be.

My own understanding of things, at least.
:yeahthat:

If a flag sticker is on a plane and the plane is being “flown” at night, does it have to be illuminated?

Is there a 4th definition of night other than the 3 in the FARs that needs to be considered?

I jest. But I have some Devore tail-lights on my 182 that light up my vertical stabilizer...if I put a flag sticker on my plane that would be a cool spot for it.

Is there a 4th definition of night other than the 3 in the FARs that needs to be considered?

Nahh... Just need to remember another acronym. IMNLAOMFNTBIOTD.

If my nav lights are on, my flag needs to be illumnated or taken down.

:D

Remember high school? Every room has a US flag hanging in it. No lights. And in any case I don’t think the flag police will bother your hangar when the bell tolls midnight.

If you don't have a lighted flag in every room(even bathroom) and on a pole outside you're a commie liberal snowflake. Full stop. Keep some printed flag business cards on you at all times in case you land in pinko land and needs to cleanse the savages by tossing a handful on the FBO floor.

If you don't have a lighted flag in every room(even bathroom) and on a pole outside you're a commie liberal snowflake. Full stop. Keep some printed flag business cards on you at all times in case you land in pinko land and needs to cleanse the savages by tossing a handful on the FBO floor.

What pinko commie throws the flag on the floor?

I have an American Flag, Texas Flag, US Army Flag, and a US Army Air Defense Artillery Flag all hanging on my hangar wall. The flag police haven’t thrown me in the hoosegow so far.

Thanks for posting this Bob! In our little town in NorthEast Texas, a city employee pulled a flag down and threw it on the ground while he was working on the pole or something nearby. A retired marine stopped and confronted him about it. The worker said something to the effect that it was no big deal. Now that the dust has settled, I don’t think the city worker will do that again.

I wish that everyone, especially people who have occasion to handle a flag would read the contents of your link.

As previously stated, no light is necessary for a flag on a wall, only one flying on a pole.

I had a long discussion with a LTC about the garrison flag that was on the wall in the drill hall. He wanted it taken down and put in a case while the power was disconnected from the building during an upgrade. Since I was running the Military Funeral Honors program, he came to me to put together the 30+ Soldier detail for that fold.

Search US Flag Code or AR 840-10 if you have any questions about the proper protocol.

Back