Which FSS should I use to close a flight plan in Lubbock

JustinWalton

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Justin
I am flying from KDTO to KLBB tomorrow, and cannot seem to find the appropriate FSS to use when closing my flight plan before landng in Lubbock. I know what to look for on the sectional, and will be using 122.6 to open it with Ft Worth RCO when I depart KDTO. Just can't seem to find one near Lubbock.

Can someone help me out?

1-800 number. They are all one and the same.

Worse case - wait about 20 minutes after you land and they'll give you a call :) :) - just kidding - don't do that. Use the 800 number worse case

I am flying from KDTO to KLBB tomorrow, and cannot seem to find the appropriate FSS to use when closing my flight plan before landng in Lubbock. I know what to look for on the sectional, and will be using 122.6 to open it with Ft Worth RCO when I depart KDTO. Just can't seem to find one near Lubbock.

Can someone help me out?

Spend some time at www.afss.com or 1800wxbrief.com. For all practical purposes, there are no longer any flight service stations...everything goes through three hubs, none of which are in Texas.

Bob Gardner

If I can't raise anyone on the air, I call after I land 800wx.

Can someone help me out?

The sectional indicates 122.55 for Fort Worth FSS.

As Bob suggested, spend time on the 1800wxbrief.com site to get your profile set up. Included in the functionality is the ability to open and close flight plans via text message.

Hate to say it, but I have gotten the call once before.

I use a small clothespin to remind me to close my VFR flight plan. I write on the back of the pin "Close Flight Plan" and clip it to my shirt collar. If I forget to close my plan, someone will remind me when I get out of the plane. :D

I use a small clothespin to remind me to close my VFR flight plan. I write on the back of the pin "Close Flight Plan" and clip it to my shirt collar. If I forget to close my plan, someone will remind me when I get out of the plane. :D

Upgraded from string on the finger? Nice!!!! :goofy:

Trip completed. And got both flight plans opened and closed. Thanks for the help. I have been using Garmin Pilot to file all my flight plans, which has worked out well so far. I like the clothespin idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back