Which drug do I need to be doing...

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
... In order to understand this song?

I've always loved this song, and just found this version on YouTube with the lyrics. Never did understand anything, and now I understand less!

Bruce, dude, what the hell were you taking!?

Last edited:
Who says a song has to make sense.?? (like most of the hit songs of lately)

Someone or ones came up with a tune and someone else made a bet he could write the lyrics and make a hit song.

Ever hear the song ''Kodachrome''.?

Someone bet Paul Simon that he could not write a song about film and make it a hit. That person lost the bet.

I believe the answer is "Yes."

Thanks for posting song! I have no idea what 95% of the lyrics are about, but a "Duece" is a '32 Ford. "Silicone Sister" is easy enough to figure out, but the rest of the song remains a mystery.

Well, he is the same guy that wrote, "He could throw that 'speedball' by you".

My favorite song that doesn't make any sense (to me at least, and the music video doesn't help) is Tom Petty's Don't Come Around Here

I've always loved this song, and just found this version on YouTube with the lyrics. Never did understand anything, and now I understand less!

I think you should be thinking more in terms of which drug you will need if it ever does make sense to you.

I like listening to America, good acoustic guitars, great harmonies, but some of the lyrics?

“alligator lizards in the air”....WTH?

But I do like “The ocean is a desert with it's life underground And a perfect disguise above“

aa4d78b7b4ec4165d0c92cb89b77944b.jpeg

I like listening to America, good acoustic guitars, great harmonies, but some of the lyrics?

But I do like “The ocean is a desert with it's life underground And a perfect disguise above“
If we can have Sharknadoes we can have alligator lizards flying around.

For years I never knew what the first line of Stills's Love the One You're With was. After I found out that it was "There's a rose in a fisted glove" it didn't make any more sense to me.

Of course, there are a lot of particularly bad lyrics out there. The one I particularly can't stand is "God Bless the USA." Bad poetry and many of the lines make no sense at all.

And then there's this one that I don't think anybody knows the real words to (including the artist):

It's a song about driving down a highway, apparently in a convertible (" 'Cause the free wind is blowing through your hair"); so I'd think "alligator lizards in the air" probably refers to wispy clouds in the sky.

Rich

Speaking of songs with twisted words and drugs ... If Paul McCartney ain't in a class by himself, it sure don't take long to call the roll:

Edit: I don't believe the words on the screen in this video are correct.

Just tell me what at which latitude the Tropic of Sir Galahad is found.

Locomotive Breath. Jethro Tull. Supposed to be about overpopulation. I thought it was about a train.

Listen to it played backward. It’s the derivation of the Schrodinger wave equation.

Well, being from Jersey, it is in my blood to be a Bruce fan. He wrote the soundtrack to my youth. Years ago he did a VH1 Storytellers where he sang a lot of his hits and told the story about them. Here’s “Blinded by the Light”

The song:

The story behind it:

Say what you want about him, but the man can tell a story.

How many times can they misspell deuce? :eek2:

Lyrics are not important.." Do Wa Diddy Diddy Dum Diddy Do".

Barry Mann:

...Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp
Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong
Who put the bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop
Who put the dip in the dip da dip da dip
Who was that man
I'd like to shake his hand
He made my baby fall in love with me (yeah)

Who's Bruce? That song was by Manfred Mann! I remember it well from high school.

EDIT: Wow, I just researched it and found that the song was written and recorded by Bruce Springsteen. I never knew that. So, you're never too old to learn.

Thank you for teaching me something new today.

Last edited:
It's either about man's eternal struggle with existence and meaning, or it's about a cat.

It's either about man's eternal struggle with existence and meaning, or it's about a cat.

Shouldn't that be "and it's about a cat"? ;) I think if you ask one, you will find out that man exists solely to cater to the comfort of said cats.

Shouldn't that be "and it's about a cat"? ;) I think if you ask one, you will find out that man exists solely to cater to the comfort of said cats.

Sad but true.

It has become apparent that after so many decades of life, my true purpose is to make cats comfortable...

Comfy_Cat.jpg

Did Rocky get a ride to Deadwood with Lucy in the sky with diamonds?

It's possible the two of them hooked up after his unfortunate breakup with his previous gal. Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil, but everyone knew her as Nancy.

If you think that song is messed up, try to understand the closing theme song to WKRP in Cincinnati.

There's not enough drugs made to help with that.

The WKRP outro is hands-down the absolute best rock & roll lyric ever written.

Here's its story, according to the last.fm wiki:

The closing theme, "WKRP In Cincinnati End Credits", was a hard rock number composed and performed by Jim Ellis, an Atlanta musician who recorded some of the incidental music for the show. According to people who attended the recording sessions, Ellis didn't yet have lyrics for the closing theme, so he sang nonsense words to give an idea of how it would sound. Wilson decided to use the words anyway, since he felt that it would be funny to use lyrics that were deliberately gibberish, as a satire on the incomprehensibility of many rock songs. Also, because CBS always had an announcer talking over the closing credits, Wilson knew that no one would actually hear the closing theme lyrics anyway.

Gotta love it.

Back