Which aviation-related services will stop in the government shutdown?

The home page was replaced with a closed notice, for one government agency that I deal with at work. The home page was gone within minutes of the government shutdown, and then it was up and running again just minutes after the bill was passed to fund the government.

I can understand sending employees home, since they are paid for their time and there’s no money to pay them, but why the gesture of replacing a useful home page with one that’s not useful? Does it cost less to host a useless home page?

FAA sent a notice that FAASTeam folks wouldn’t be showing up for safety seminars and nobody could go in to notify seminar participants so people would likely show up at event locations and nobody would be there to present anything.

Of course, any other business when we’re shut down for almost any reason, one of our salaried employees can easily log in via a VPN and send out customer notifications. Remote access isn’t exactly a new technology. And the salaried government employees are guaranteed to get back payin these so called shutdowns, so the insinuation that what’s normal for everyone else is impossible for government, just proves it’s not about service anymore. If it ever was.

All of us normal businesses even write business continuity emergency plans for disasters and such. And this isn’t even an emergency, this is business as usual in DC, so why pretend it’s something unexpected?

If the “shutdown” actually came with loss of pay, there’d be a lot less “shutdowns”. There’d be some dead Congresscritters too.

Some bureaucrat losing it and going hunting their own leadership down, would be a whole new level of awesomeness in government. Or maybe just every federal employee in DC standing outside the Capitol Building with baseball bats until their bosses get over their petty squabbling... sure, come outside to leave... go ahead.

I always wonder which facility needs to go unguarded during these shutdowns so important documents can magically disappear.

If the “shutdown” actually came with loss of pay, there’d be a lot less “shutdowns”.
I thought that was their excuse that there wasn't enough money to pay their greedy fat a**es. I bet you're right, if that was actually true, we would see fewer of these theatrical happenings.
And while our politicians are throwing tantrums and behaving like brats instead of being professional and serve the dang public who is paying their salaries, the rest of the world is laughing at us, what kind of uncultured monkeys we are.

So when it comes to tax time, we dont have to pay federal tax for the few days it was "shutdown" right?

FAA sent a notice that FAASTeam folks wouldn’t be showing up for safety seminars and nobody could go in to notify seminar participants so people would likely show up at event locations and nobody would be there to present anything.

Awww man, my Amway buddy just missed a huge opportunity. I'll have to point this out to him, he would have had a captive audience. Maybe he can stock up on some aviation items...thing like nail files and face cream for the Cirrus drivers and all.

Oh I’m an uncultured monkey and know it and really don’t care what the rest of the world thinks about that either. I fly airplanes. :)
I was not insulting you or anybody else here. I was targeting the political monkeys, our sworn government employees who represent our country. I hold them to a high standard but I realize how foolish I am being. Somebody smack me, please.

I thought that was their excuse that there wasn't enough money to pay their greedy fat a**es. I bet you're right, if that was actually true, we would see fewer of these theatrical happenings.
And while our politicians are throwing tantrums and behaving like brats instead of being professional and serve the dang public who is paying their salaries, the rest of the world is laughing at us, what kind of uncultured monkeys we are.

The rest of the world has their fair share of idiots in power too.

That German chancellor imbecile comes to mind, he/she said something like "now I know we can't entirely rely on others for help", personally I learned I couldn't fully rely on others when I was like 12 years old.

Canada has trudeau, which really doesn't need any further explaining lol

The Mid East is, well the mid east.

Etc.

Back