Where's your go-to place to fly?

When I lived in Florida, Albert Whitted Field and Venice were my go-to places.
Then I moved to Poughkeepsie, NY area and flew out of KPOU. Loved to fly to Sky Acres for lunch. Then sold my plane and not flying now. :(

Went to SGS once and it was a great experience. We have never flown north east or really west. Gonna have to expand and check a few of these places out.

I fly in and out of Destin FL all the time....maybe it's because I live there! LOL!
Cedar Key FL is a cool little town to visit. The local oyster are killer.
KJKA - Gulf Shores is definitely a stop to add!

the video you posted is so inspiring! Made me wanna fly there

the video you posted is so inspiring! Made me wanna fly there

Thanks britanyweel. We really love Destin. It's intimidating for a lot of pilots but really not hard to navigate in / around the area. Other than being a little on the pricey side, it's dang near perfect. Oh - and transportation. Uber /Lyft - TERRIBLE service.

I fly in and out of Destin FL all the time....maybe it's because I live there! LOL!
Cedar Key FL is a cool little town to visit. The local oyster are killer.
Would love to get to Cedar key. Don't think I am getting the twin in there anytime soon though.

How is ground transport at KJKA? It's the nearest airport to a rental condo I was looking at and I'm wondering if it'll be a death march or a luxury car ride between the two.

Is it just me or do more of you have a go-to place? A place that's a good weekend get-away for you and the wife or girlfriend or if you are really unlucky - both.

My wife is a beach lover and Destin is probably the nicest beach outside of the Bahamas you can get. It's only 2.5 hours for us in the 310.

For those of you that watch YouTube this is our trip. That departure over the gulf I just don't think it gets much better.

Toronto City Centre (CYTZ). Landing on Runway 26, you come down beside (and below the top of) the CN Tower, then you're just a short walk from the downtown core of one of North America's biggest cities, and from major-league baseball, hockey, and basketball games, as well as theatre, opera, rock concerts, etc. Landing on Runway 08 and coming from the east, you often get a downwind right over downtown Toronto, more-or-less along Bloor St, at 1,000 ft AGL.

Red Sox fans cam fly up from Boston to watch their team play in Toronto, then just walk back to their planes and fly home after the game.

How is ground transport at KJKA? It's the nearest airport to a rental condo I was looking at and I'm wondering if it'll be a death march or a luxury car ride between the two.

I would definitely rent a car. There is so much more to the area than just Destin that you will want to see. Enterprise is just a few minutes away and cheaper than car rental there at the Destin Airport-KDTS. Let me know when you are coming in and I will help you out if I am free!

Definitely a death march. It has a good FBO and they can help get you there!

KCDK…….SHHHHHH - don’t tell anyone.

No one goes there anymore, it’s too crowded.

Sent you a PM.

Also, Cedar Key is a great but you better be up on your aircraft carrier landings...
….I think aircraft carriers can tack into the wind, it’s the sporty crosswinds at KCDK that’ll get ya.

I'll never disclose our location. Stay away. LOL!

Seriously. I’m with you. People be like..

“my favorite thing about my favorite place is the solitude. Better go post about it on the internet!”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

North Myrtle. You can park, walk to quite a few pretty decent restaurants and have an enjoyable day at the beach.

Just landed at KDTS yesterday. What a great flight! Saw an F22 and C-130 when coming in to land.
Man, beach here is just amazing!
Pictures to come!

Back