where would the CG be located aft of datum?

zee

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
zee
Hello everyone ..
I dont know why but i find this below question confusing ...
Does it have a formular how do you solve it .. please help me

The question is this
Weight A. 155 pounds at 45 inches aft of datum Weight B. 165 pounds at 145 inches aft of datum Weight C. 95 pounds at 185 inches aft of datum Based on this information, where would the CG be located aft of datum?

Sorry but how did you get that

I did it quickly and I’m trying to watch a movie so I don’t take responsibility for the accuracy. Anyway, take the weight x arm and you get a moment. Add up the total weight and moments. Take total moment and divide by weight and you get the CG point. Compare that CG Pinot to your POH / RFM and if it falls within the fire / aft limits, you’re good to go.

Weight times Arm equals Moment
Total Moment divided by Total Weight equals Center of Gravity
Hello

Oow so its the same formula ....thank you so much ..i finally get it well

I did it quickly and I’m trying to watch a movie so I don’t take responsibility for the accuracy. Anyway, take the weight x arm and you get a moment. Add up the total weight and moments. Take total moment and divide by weight and you get the CG point. Compare that CG Pinot to your POH / RFM and if it falls within the fire / aft limits, you’re good to go.
Thank you so much now i finally get it ...sorry to disturbe the movie time ...but thank you

155 pounds (weight) times 45 inches aft of datum (arm) equals 6975 pound inches (moment)
165 x 145 = 23925
95 x 185 = 17575

Total weight = 155 + 165 + 95 = 415
Total moment = 6975 + 23925 + 17575 = 48475

48475 pound inches / 415 pounds = 116.8 inches

I'm having trouble understanding this. Is the answer ACTUALLY 116.8?

I thought I was on PoA, and yet everyone is saying the same answer. I must go to bed, or buy a Bo.

I'm having trouble understanding this. Is the answer ACTUALLY 116.8?

I thought I was on PoA, and yet everyone is saying the same answer. I must go to bed, or buy a Bo.

It is but without a basic empty weight with fuel, it’s really not a true CG point.

It is but without a basic empty weight with fuel, it’s really not a true CG point.

Not every question is about an aircraft. It's probably a hypothetical scenario involving a weightless teeter-totter.

Back