Where were Piper Apaches made?

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
Can anyone tell me where my 1957 Apache was built? Were they being built in Lock Haven or Vero Beach?:blueplane:
ApacheBob

I'm pretty sure the Apache rolled out of Lock Haven, since Vero Beach only started in 1957, and then only as a test facility.

I really really want to go to the Lock haven factory museum. Maybe we could have a meet up there sometime soon?

I'm pretty sure the Apache rolled out of Lock Haven, since Vero Beach only started in 1957, and then only as a test facility.

I really really want to go to the Lock haven factory museum. Maybe we could have a meet up there sometime soon?

Name the day, it's just down the valley a little way and I haven't made it there yet.

Missa

Thanks for the info. I lived in Williamsport from 1966-1971. Hi, Missa!
ApacheBob

Thanks for the info. I lived in Williamsport from 1966-1971. Hi, Missa!
ApacheBob

Hi Bob! Wow... I've only lived in Williamsport since April (and I've only lived since 1974 ;) So I doubt we would have crossed paths here. It's a cool little town, but man... I'm still having culture shock.

Missa

Missa the next three weekends are a little busy for me, but I'm totally free for a while after the 18th. I just need a few days to get a plane for the day and some nice weather to fly down. LHV seems like a good meeting place.

Anybody else want to join up?

Back