Where to rent near Providence, RI

ebykowsky

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
goalstop
So, since I'll be working in Providence for the summer, I figure it's never too early to start looking for a viable FBO to rent out of. I prefer something within a 45 minute drive from downtown Providence, preferably a somewhat sizable fleet (read: 2+ aircraft), and relatively inexpensive (I would love it if they have 152's). I looked into Horizon Aviation out of KPVD, and they look like the most viable option, but they do not publish rates.
The mission is general buzzing around in the area and potentially a day trip or two for fishing.

If anyone has any experience renting in the area, I'd appreciate the input!

You might want to try New Bedford Ma.

Horizon is decent, perhaps a little on the high side price-wise. I don't recall what the rates were, but thought they were a little higher than some others in the area. I did my ME in Zeke's Twinkie there in 2007 and had a good experience.

New Bedford is a nice airport. There is at least one outfit there that rents aircraft. If you are looking for some fun flying, a friend there does tailwheel instruction in a 170 and also offers flight training and rides in an SNJ.

You might look at North Central (SFZ) too.

I don't know of anything for rent at Quonset. Newport is a nice place to fly out of, but they only have one or two airplanes for rent there.

Horizon is decent, perhaps a little on the high side price-wise. I don't recall what the rates were, but thought they were a little higher than some others in the area. I did my ME in Zeke's Twinkie there in 2007 and had a good experience.

New Bedford is a nice airport. There is at least one outfit there that rents aircraft. If you are looking for some fun flying, a friend there does tailwheel instruction in a 170 and also offers flight training and rides in an SNJ.

You might look at North Central (SFZ) too.

I don't know of anything for rent at Quonset. Newport is a nice place to fly out of, but they only have one or two airplanes for rent there.

Sounds fun! Training in a T6 would probably be a little much, but that would be a heck of an experience. Since I'm working for Textron, I figure some of the employees will have information or connections in the area as well.

A little on the high side from what I'm used to paying (by around $30 to $50) but I suppose that's going rate in the area?

I'll probably ask around a bit once I get there as well.

The FBO I rent from recently signed up with OpenAirplane. Based on what I pay looks like the OA rate has about a 5% premium on top of the 'normal' rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back